GIP-13 (Phase 2): CowDAO and COW Token

We would still be mocked but I would prefer that kind of mockery over the other.

1 Like

The irony…

9 Likes

cow token name ? $MILK !

5 Likes

Add more network !!!

1 Like

Branding: as the team is spinning out, we will no longer refer to the product as Gnosis Protocol. Instead, we will leverage the established branding of CowSwap, though adding a touch of seriousness by referring to it as the Coincidence of Wants Protocol, in short the CoW Protocol. The new token will be referred to as COW.

Totally agree with rebranding.
Before, it took a lot of work to explain to people that Gnosis Protocol / Gnosis Safe / Gnosis Chain was not the same thing and has no relationship with each other.
Now with a completely different name, it’s clear and easy to spread, and I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

Yes, validators will be considered.

This forum post lays out the details for GNO Token holders with regards to their CoW airdrop eligibility:

For GNO Token holders the snapshot will be taken on January 9th. GNO holdings on Ethereum as well as Gnosis Chain will be eligible for the airdrop. If you want to participate in the potential airdrop of COW Tokens, you must swap your STAKE on January 9th at the latest (you have time until January 9th midnight UTC). All GBC validators will be eligible, as well as the following LP Token holders:

• Balancer v2 (Mainnet)
  • Uniswap v3 (Mainnet)
  • SushiSwap (Mainnet)
  • HoneySwap (GnosisChain)
  • Symmetric (GnosisChain)
  • Swapr (GnosisChain)
  • Elk (GnosisChain)
  • SushiSwap (GnosisChain)
9 Likes

Glad you are bringing this up, had to google what it stands for (not obvious to non-natives). Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the concern seriously. I am usually against dramatizing specific terms and especially abbreviations since those can mean many different things depending on the context. However crypto and defi are heavily influenced by internet culture and the abbreviation CP is to this day strongly connected to those horrible things we all don’t even want to think about. I am a long term user of CowSwap and it would hurt my soul if this project would get mocked for the abbreviation or worse, falsely associated with those horrible things it stands for.

May I suggest CWP as a better abbreviation? Or maybe your team can come up with an even better name and abbreviation altogether. I like the cow meme though.

Thanks again for listening.

3 Likes

I love COW swap and looking forward to becoming more of an active DAO member.

4 Likes

very very goooooooood idea bro

4 Likes

It will Go to the moon

1 Like

Please be sure both farms and LP are considered. I know protocols are available to help if needed.

Can we assume if you are holding LP or in a farm contract you will get the airdrop?

Edited to share question we just received:

To receive the next CowSwap airdrop, which step below is still eligible for the farming GNO-ELK pair in GnosisChain?

(1) Just keep it in Farm

(2) Withdraw into Pool

(3) Remove LP into tokens

very good but you must add more network

1 Like

Hope the feature is airdropped to poap holders.

4 Likes

nice job, let us do it

1 Like

Love this proposal. Interested in:

1. how COW token acquire the value ( future possible trading fee structure)
  2. the adoption of multi-chain and cross-chain strategy.
1 Like

I like it , cant wait:)

2 Likes

sounds great, any date known when the aidrop is going to happen?

1 Like

Thats great, but wen? :))

1 Like

this is good idea of tokenomic of this project

2 Likes