Xdai Swap

Dear Gnosis Team,

As an early investor who maintained limited engagement with social platforms, I was unaware of the potential swap that has recently taken place. Consequently, I now find myself in possession of a substantial stake that currently holds no value, despite my original belief in and investment into the underlying product, which continues to operate.

I must express my concern regarding the time constraint imposed on this swap, which I consider to be ethically questionable given the aforementioned circumstances.

I kindly inquire whether there exists a possibility for us, as early Stake investors, to either regain our initial investment in the product we initially supported, or alternatively, to exchange our stake for an asset that aligns more closely with its intrinsic value.

I eagerly await your response and remain open to any potential resolution that acknowledges the principles of fairness and equity.

3 Likes

I second that motion. I was also an early investor and
held my Stake in cold storage. I’m sure many others suffered the same consequence. Please open the opportunity to swap Stake for Gnosis!

2 Likes

Also, the Team keeps telling us they announced it on social media and everyone voted to have the tokens swapped from Stake to Gnosis. Did everyone vote that there should be a cutoff deadline? They agreed to the swap not a deadline when other people would be shut out! This Team needs to do the right thing!

1 Like

you can read about the proposal that was voted on here: GIP 16 - Gnosis Chain - xDAI/Gnosis merge , it said:

‘Holders of STAKE token will have 6 months to swap STAKE to GNO inside a swap contract following the deployment and announcement of the swap contract.’

Public service announcement: Crypto is not a passive investment opportunity.

You cannot “set and forget” a crypto investment. I personally cannot imagine, not staying in touch with the communities in which I was invested, for 6+ months. Especially given everything going on in the macroeconomic environment today.

I am sorry that you had an adverse financial outcome. However, you need to take responsibility for not monitoring your investment. Crypto is THE MOST speculative asset-class that exists on the planet today. If the monies were important to you, you should have stayed on top of things.

I hope that you recover and stay interested in the space.

The topic here is not to the swap itself, but rather the time window provided for executing the swap.

The total quantity of both the Stake and GNO ratio that was calculated at the time of the swap remains constant. If individuals didn’t participate in the initial currency swap, it does not result in a reduction or loss of those GNO that were in 1X1 Stake ratio. It shall still be available for swap at a later time, ensuring that individuals have the opportunity to swap their Stake with GNO. Or where did those GNO go?

Thank you for sharing your perspective on crypto investments.

While it is true that the crypto market can be speculative in nature, it is crucial to recognize that cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology have the potential to bring about meaningful solutions to various challenges in our economy and society. Many projects are driven by the desire to create positive change and make a lasting impact.

By providing financial assistance and allowing teams to focus on development and innovation, we play an integral role in enabling them to deliver on their solutions and bring positive change to our world.

It is important to differentiate between those, who solely speculate in crypto for short-term gains and those who invest with a genuine belief in the project’s potential.
Speculative behavior driven solely by monetary gains can indeed lead to market crises and hinder the overall development of our economy.

While active monitoring and staying connected with the communities surrounding the projects you invest in can be valuable, it is also understandable that long-term investments require trust in the project’s vision and team, which I had. The belief in the potential of the project (take the example of Stake that is still performing by the way) shall allows us to adopt a patient and supportive approach, allowing the team to execute their plans effectively.

In cases where projects undergo mergers or significant changes, it is essential for investors to be treated fairly and have their interests SAFEGUARDED. While each merger situation may vary, it is reasonable to expect that the terms of the merger agreement take into account the interests of EARLY investors who have contributed to the project’s growth.

Thank you for reading and I hope you also do understand this investment perspective.

2 Likes

Nobody’s disputing that the vote took place or what the outcome was. The issue here is that people put in a considerable amount of money and left it for a while, not a long time, only to turn around and find that their money had basically been taken. There’s no reason for the limit on the exchange period. A lot of tokens have held open the window for a lot longer and some indefinitely. The window should be reopened, it’s not ok.

2 Likes