Betting on Sport on Gnosis protocol

Dear Team,

I represent the newly developing Prediction market project that is targeted to be created on your platform. Our back and front end devs are curious why you did not succeed with sport category and why community did not go to participate in sport events on your platform?

I ask this question since we are looking into focus on sports events in our project snd will be happy if you share with us any obstacles you had experienced with.

1 Like

Доброе время суток Владимир!
Ставки на спорт и Gnosis protocol это не совсем правильный подход. Gnosis protocol это торговый механизм, а Prediction markets это иное направление в работе Gnosis. Gnosis разработал framework на базе которого было создано две платформы для рынков предсказаний Omen и Polymarket. На Omen была практика торгов на спортивные события. Сейчас Omen доступен как на основной сети так и на xDAI c очень дешевыми транзакциями. Если вы готовы быть провайдером ликвидности на спортивные события на Omen, то для вас все дороги открыты. Вам не у кого не нужно спрашивать разрешение чтоб стартовать торги по событию. Главное, правильно согласно правил , сформулировать вопрос и определить дату и время определения результата. Если Вам будет необходима первичная консультация как и что сделать, то можете мне написать. Помогу чем смогу.

PS sorry for quick respond in russian.

1 Like

Большое спасибо тебе!!

I think it’s mainly that it hasn’t been much tried.
And it’s some sort of chicken and the egg problem:

• If you don’t have much traders, providing liquidity is not profitable when you take opportunity costs into account.
  • If you don’t have much liquidity, it’s not interesting to trade.

This proposal giving reward to LP would definitely quick-in a lot of prediction markets use-cases if it passes.

We could also have some sort of sponsorship for events which could bring attention to prediction market, mainly e-sports as they are currently under-served by traditional platforms and have lower sponsorship costs (like sponsoring a competitive Age Of Empire 2 tournament having a bunch of prediction markets could be worth it, see here for an idea of how much viewership stats can go).