GIP 16 - Gnosis Chain - xDAI/Gnosis merge

Good to hear!
To determine how much GNO should be allocated to this group we would like to know:

a) what projects are part of this group/DAO
b) what is the current commitment of those projects to xDAI/ Gnosis Chain (e.g. is this their main chain/ multichain/ are they planning to migrate away/ commitment to stay/…)
c) is there already an idea of how a governance process of this group looks like

I’ll work with the group and get back to you with answers on this.

@mkoeppelmann I want to ask something. You mentioned that $stake holders would be receiving 2 airdrop. One of Cowswap and the other I forgot. Is the snapshot of the $gno holders already been taken for them? In case of yes, you would add the addresses of the people swapping $stake for $gno to that list of airdrop receivers right?
Because I think, if the snapshot of $gno holders will be taken after the merge and the swap stake-gno, then the 2 airdrops is not an advantage for $stake holders to do the merge, as they could now sell stake and buy gno and receive it anyway.

Also, why the voting will take 2 weeks? I thought the voting would be just during 1 week as you stated in the original proposal “Voting will last for 7 days.”
Thanks

1. Sorry - this was a mistake on my side. Yes - it will be 1 week as stated in the proposal.

2. Also - above I said the beacon chain could launch early. After talking to the xDAI team again it seems indeed best to wait after the vote (and if succesfull) the activation of the swap contract. So that all Stake token holders can join as validators from the start.

3. About the airdrops: It is currently expected that Cowswap and Gnosis Safe will spin put of Gnosis and release their own tokens. As part of this tokens of those projects will be dirstributed to GNO holders. This will benefit all GNO holders including those that used the swap contract to exchange Stake for GNO.

Thank you.

So the snapshot of those airdrop will be taken just after the merge? Or it has already been taken for the $gno holders and you will just add the addresses of the $stake holders that swap stake-gno to the list? I think this is an important fact for stake holders at the time of voting.

Just caught up with the post. Is it possible to get added to the DAO?

Luka from Levinswap

Edit: Just joined.

The snapshot has not been taken and will be done only after the merge has been done.

1 Like

Any eta for the merge? Just to know for how long posdao will continue and stake will be needed.

This will really depend on Ethereum. Our goal is to the merge of Gnosis Beacon Chain to xDAI/Gnosis Chain exactly one week before the merge is done between Ethereum Beacon Chain and ETH1.

My best guess currently is ~4-5 month.

Thanks, so it’s fine to keep $Stake for some more time and the swap contract will be available at least till the merge of the chains?

1 Like

I think it’s a really good merger and adding users this way is definitely the right thing to do for cowswap

1 Like

maybe it’s goof for cowsap, but actually I don’t don’t get the pros of cowswap. It scares me if I don’t see where the liquidity pools are, how big they are, how much trading is going on there. Are these numbers accessible for a plain user?

hi all, sorry for joining this conversation a bit late.

for those who have their $STAKE on exchanges, would they be able to participate in voting and any eventual token swap, or do you recommend withdrawing from exchanges ASAP in order to get “snapshotted” by a certain deadline in order to participate in either 1) voting, and/or 2) swapping $STAKE for another token

Also, what is the latest proposal at play, is it this comment ? and where can I vote on that? sorry for being a total noob on this forum.

for those who have their $STAKE on exchanges, would they be able to participate in voting

No, they won’t be able to participate in voting. You can find a list of who can vote here: https://www.xdaichain.com/for-users/governance/stake-weighted-voting

The snapshot vote will start on Monday, November 29th.

and any eventual token swap

The proposal itself is talking about 6 months in which you will be able to swap your tokens.

what is the latest proposal at play, is it this comment? and where can I vote on that?

Yes, the current proposal is the original post plus the post from Martin which you are referring to.
As I already said, the vote starts on November 29. and will last for 7 days.

1 Like

if one withdraws from exchange now, can they vote? thx!

If they have the Stake in their wallet during snapshot they can vote, so answer is yes till snapshot is taken.

Important Update:

The vote on this proposal is delayed due to technical issues by one day and will start on Tuesday (30.11.) at 5 pm UTC. We want to make sure the voting and execution of the proposal can be done successfully without any issues.

Thanks for the update. May I ask which kind of technical issues you are facing?

The preparation of the on-chain execution from GnosisDAO is not trivial. By now all issues are solved but we want to write more tests to make sure we covered everything. We don’t want to have to repeat this vote because of some technical issues.

what is the issue? i think that is a fake active!