GIP-29: Spin-off safeDAO and Launch SAFE Token

There is a limit to how many links per post for new community members so just going to share the link to safenetforum.org if anyone is interested in reaching out.

2 Likes

Not to pile on here, but word of Gnosis potentially infringing on the branding of MaidSafe’s Safe Network project is making its way around the Safe Network Community. Given MaidSafe has been working on this project since 2006, it’s probably a good idea to get in touch with their team at https://safenetforum.org/.

3 Likes

Hello, Jim here from MaidSafe.

Yeah, why don’t we see how we can work together and avoid collisions with a pre-existing protocol, or stepping on each others toes and bogging either project down. That’s the last thing we want!

Who’s it best to chat to @lukas_gnosis ?

3 Likes

Good news, Good luck to the safedao team

Is or was there already a deadline untill when one needs to lock/stake their GNO in order to be considered for the airdrop?

I’m also staking there for long with hoping to be qualified if any airdrop for DAO supporters, fingercrossed

Congrats guys @lukas_gnosis @mkoeppelmann

Would have been nice if we got an announcement here from the team rather than the DAO forum being a bit of an afterthought. And maybe some releasing more specifics about the $SAFE distribution for $GNO holders/stakers and Safe users alongside the fundraising announcement?

4 Likes

This the best i think

How will this be implemented given the airdrop announcement said that only multisigs on Ethereum are eligible?

Gnosis Safe has been run, funded and supported by GnosisDao since it’s inception.

It’s a huge shame that now it’s being spun out, Safe team have decided not to include Safe users on Gnosis Chain, given it’s arguably the main GnosisDao product at this stage.

CowSwap included Gnosis Chain at launch and airdropped tokens to smaller recipients on GC, and in doing so helped onboard many new users to the chain.

Hard to see this as anything other than stab in the back to GnosisDao and it’s supporters on GC to be excluded, and I hope @lukas_gnosis you’ll reconsider or take the time to explain here on the forum why that was the case. And whether anyone from GnosisDao was consulted.

3 Likes

There was just a different approach taken here. GnosisDAO gets 15% of the total SAFE supply and there’s another 5% in a joint SafeDAO <> GnosisDAO treasury which can be used for airdrops like this. This approach gives GNO holder more flexibility on deciding how a Gnosis Chain specific airdrop should look like. This was part of the GIP-29 proposal from the beginning which has passed GnosisDAO, not sure where the concerns are coming from now.

Seems pretty obvious that at a minimum Gnosis Safe would include Gnosis Chain, their own project, in addition to Ethereum. That’s where the concern is coming from. Looking at the Gnosis Safe forum at the moment and it’s a fairly widely held concern.

Value of assets held in safes on GC is tiny, the overall amount allocated would be miniscule. Distributing smaller airdrops on GC would help further build out the ecosystem. Sure Safe is being spun out into a separate project from GnosisDao but Gnosis funded Safe team and Safe team was staffed by Gnosis contributors up til this point. So why not treat GC on an equal footing? Hell even a lesser footing, rather than just shunning.

2 Likes

And as for the 15% for GnosisDAO and 5% for the SafeDAO <> GnosisDAO treasury;

Suggesting that GC Safe users distribution could come from there and not the user distribution is in effect saying “I’m not including them, if you care you can and take it out of your share.

It’s clearly showing no interest in Gnosis Chain and Safe users there, and GnosisDao community should be able to expect more from their contributors.

2 Likes

when will you release allocation details for GNO Lockers and stakers?

2 Likes

Good question. I hope Gnosis Beacon Chain validators will still qualify as was said in the past.

Gnosis Chain safes should definitely count. Ethereum gas fees have been prohibitively expensive for the past couple years and many of us moved to side chains or L2’s for that very reason. Most of my assets are on Gnosis Chain rather than mainnet and that’s why I have a safe there.

1 Like

when will safe be tradable?

you should look at this [SEP #2] Community Initiative To Unpause Token Contract (Enabling Transferability) - Phase 1: SEPs - Safe Community Forum

Any update on this?

Are the Gnosis and Safe teams planning to propose a specific airdrop for Safe users on Gnosis Chain, or do they consider their part done in launching SAFE token for mainnet users only and are now leaving it to the DAO.

Soon $SAFE will be transferable. When will we (Validators and those who locked GNO) find out how many $SAFE we are entitled to?

1 Like