GIP-38: Should GnosisDAO fund a Gnosis Chain ecosystem growth initiative?

Ofcourse its better to spend 10% on building rather than to burn, but the question remains if it really is used for building. Also yes, there are L1s that have more budget than this proposal. But what I like from GNO is that the focus is more on quality and infra instead of on marketing (like Polygon and Solana).
So, as some mentioned its hard to see what the exact plans are and maybe it would be better to share some more insights on how you are going to complement the Gnosis team for this kind of investment. For example we as GNO holders dont even know how big your team is.

2 Likes

A large gap between an ideal future and what can be done today can be discouraging, or, as we hope, it can motivate progress.

Safe, Cow, and Karpatkey are teams that, in a sense, all started under the same roof but are now more independent. We see this proposal as similar in spirit, where a spark from the DAO gives life to another group that brings incremental diversity to the ecosystem.

Projects or ideas that now have the existing options of submitting a proposal to the forum and various other sources will still have all those options in addition to new funding options that follow from this proposal. Some comments suggest this proposal somehow reduces or limits others, but it should only lead to more opportunities for ecosystem funding than exist today.

A transparent market process is usually preferable, but there are many situations where no such market exists and what benefits the DAO requires a negotiated agreement. In those cases, even if the results of a negotiation will be public, it can be impossible to get very far if all intermediate discussions also have to be in public.

This proposal snapshot will be running while the burn proposal snapshot is also live. Here’s to growth.

1 Like

I really like the overall idea and the proposal in general, I think an investment fund can be really succesful for the chain. If you look at something like Tendermint from Cosmos, they kickstarted a lot of the popular projects with their investment fund. With the rising competition you need to attract the builders.

1 Like

$720,000,000.00 for the GNO team/future hires or for the anonymous team and their future hires?

What is the “majority of incentive’s”?

$450,000,000.00?

$500,000,000.00?

$680,000,000.00?

2 Likes

So, this proposal sounds great for me, maybe a little too abstract.
The only problem for me, is that I don’t understand where will go the 300k GNO. they will go directly to an anonymous team, without any vesting period? This is at least a little strange for me.

2 Likes

This PDF gives more clarity: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/bafybeig3s6wjw2z5f4oihusd2ac5ymehme2uxd32wh7ak7gg2thvupbxke/gnosticism-spec.pdf

2 Likes

For how long and on which exchanges/oracles will these price targets have to be met for the incentives to be paid out?

For a period of 30 days using the most liquid exchanges (today it would be Uniswap and Balancer).

1 Like

Is there any information about further progress on this topic and how the fund is going? :+1:

1 Like

Are there any updates on this proposal? @StefanGeorge @gnostics

1 Like

Hey @Havenmeester19 the team is working hard to finalize operations. I can’t speak on behalf of Stefan or Gnosis Builders but in regards to communications, I know that it is a priority to share updates about this GIP. As soon as that’s possible I will be sure to make use of our channels (forum, discord etc.) to update the community. Thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

This initiative is still ramping up and will start reporting more regularly in the coming months.

3 Likes

Just curious! Hopefully I can also contribute in the future!

2 Likes

Contributors and ideas welcome!

1 Like

Hey there!
Let’s discuss ways you can contribute @Havenmeester19 . I dmed you :slight_smile:

1 Like

1- are there are any tangible results of Gnositicism program by today?
As far as I understand, the proposal is passed and some resources were allocated since the initiative is “ramping up”. Will be good so see some transparency on grants / investments.

2 - are there any plans to reveal the team behind Gnosticism? GnosisDAO, KarpakeyDAO, former xDai team, and other projects around Gnosis Chain are operating under their real names. I’m sure your community would be interested in learning more about the people behind such an ambitious initiative.

As a “New User Of The Month” I hope that I represent a part of the community and that these questions are relevant not only to me but also to many other readers of this forum.

5 Likes

The answer for my second question is covered in a recent Frederike’s interview to Defiyield on 54:30

2 Likes

unfortunately the video isn’t available anymore😟

it looks like the video has been reloaded for technical reasons and is available at this address https://youtu.be/HERWFBVF42s?t=3268 basically she is saying that there are few people from Binance Chain, Binance Academy, Parity Technologies who are running a venture fund to invest into projects building on Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

It reminds me a statement from Gnosis/xDai merge proposal

In total, Gnosis DAO is ready to provide 400,000 GNO (~$190 million) in the form of various incentives to help develop the Gnosis chain, attract new protocols, and grow the user base.

which was transition to a form of that venture fund.

1 Like

Can we get an update on this proposal? It seems part of the answer is here: Gnosis Builders 2022

However, I can’t find information on any other activities anywhere. This is by far the largest GIP in terms of allocated funds, and according to the GIP dashboard, its status is “Ongoing”.

Are there details available about the Venture fund, which by now should have $112m invested?

According to Snapshot, it seems that what was approved is different from what’s discussed in this thread?

I am trying to account for all the assets held by gnosisdao, and these are crucial pieces of information that are missing.