GIP-38: Should GnosisDAO fund a Gnosis Chain ecosystem growth initiative?

Hey @Havenmeester19 the team is working hard to finalize operations. I can’t speak on behalf of Stefan or Gnosis Builders but in regards to communications, I know that it is a priority to share updates about this GIP. As soon as that’s possible I will be sure to make use of our channels (forum, discord etc.) to update the community. Thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

This initiative is still ramping up and will start reporting more regularly in the coming months.

3 Likes

Just curious! Hopefully I can also contribute in the future!

2 Likes

Contributors and ideas welcome!

1 Like

Hey there!
Let’s discuss ways you can contribute @Havenmeester19 . I dmed you :slight_smile:

1 Like

1- are there are any tangible results of Gnositicism program by today?
As far as I understand, the proposal is passed and some resources were allocated since the initiative is “ramping up”. Will be good so see some transparency on grants / investments.

2 - are there any plans to reveal the team behind Gnosticism? GnosisDAO, KarpakeyDAO, former xDai team, and other projects around Gnosis Chain are operating under their real names. I’m sure your community would be interested in learning more about the people behind such an ambitious initiative.

As a “New User Of The Month” I hope that I represent a part of the community and that these questions are relevant not only to me but also to many other readers of this forum.

5 Likes

The answer for my second question is covered in a recent Frederike’s interview to Defiyield on 54:30

2 Likes

unfortunately the video isn’t available anymore😟

it looks like the video has been reloaded for technical reasons and is available at this address https://youtu.be/HERWFBVF42s?t=3268 basically she is saying that there are few people from Binance Chain, Binance Academy, Parity Technologies who are running a venture fund to invest into projects building on Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

It reminds me a statement from Gnosis/xDai merge proposal

In total, Gnosis DAO is ready to provide 400,000 GNO (~$190 million) in the form of various incentives to help develop the Gnosis chain, attract new protocols, and grow the user base.

which was transition to a form of that venture fund.

1 Like

Can we get an update on this proposal? It seems part of the answer is here: Gnosis Builders 2022

However, I can’t find information on any other activities anywhere. This is by far the largest GIP in terms of allocated funds, and according to the GIP dashboard, its status is “Ongoing”.

Are there details available about the Venture fund, which by now should have $112m invested?

According to Snapshot, it seems that what was approved is different from what’s discussed in this thread?

I am trying to account for all the assets held by gnosisdao, and these are crucial pieces of information that are missing.