Governauts Rewards Systems Research Initiative

Thanks, Angela! Designing better reward systems in web3 is pivotal to prevent web2-style dopamine loops. Algorithmic policymaking can go down the latter route pretty quickly if not designed with intention!

I’ll be discussing this a lot more with folks at GitcoinDAO, Kernel, and the other communities that I’m a part of :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Angela, this is a great initiative! Definitely agree with @sidcode that we should mindfully design rewards. My startup OP Games is hoping to bring more game designers into the space-- they would definitely benefit from this research.

If you are open to additional co-funders and collaborators we are definitely keen to get involved!

3 Likes

Hi polats, thanks for your comment - and yes, please do get involved. :+1:
This program is meant to integrate many perspectives.
We welcome co-researchers who can commit their time (~10hours per week) to actively contribute - and we welcome anyone interested to attend our public lectures!
Please sign-up here and we’ll keep you posted: https://forms.gle/zNNLdi8aUKystz3QA
See you there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE:
We’ve just got our grant at OceanDAO confirmed for this initiative, and will have Ocean DAO on board as one of our case partners. :dizzy: :rocket:

So far, OceanDAO has distributed almost $2M OCEAN in 10 funding rounds. Read more about the evolution of their grants process, and their roadmap for 2022.
For the Rewards Systems research, we’ll have access to Ocean DAO grants data, we’ll work with ecosystem stakeholders, and finally will be able to verify our solutions under real-DAO conditions.

Learn more about our collaboration here: https://oceanpearl.io/projects/c2b3b1dAaD-governauts-rewards-systems-research

4 Likes

MEET THE TOKENENGINEERING COMMUNITY:

We’ll host an on-site/online event on
Wednesday, Oct 13 at 7pm CEST
at FullNode Berlin.

Join us to learn more about the Reward Systems Research Initiative
and other news from the Token Engineering global community!

Sign-up here to receive the calendar invite with all details:

2 Likes

:microscope: I’m looking forward to the research, collaboration and resource sharing that will occur over the next few months while researching reward systems.

This was a very exciting post to read…
I trust it will be even more exciting to be a part of it all.

3 Likes

I’d like to voice support for this initiative.

Rewarding community contributions to DAOs is a challenge we all have to solve. There are a handful of efforts in this direction and empirical data sets that can now be studied. The better we are at rewarding efforts, the stronger our communities will become. This initiative is a public good that will benefit all DAOs,

This team behind this initiative have stellar reputations and are known for delivering. My thinking is this important work is in very good hands and we should do all we can to support them.

Thank you for reading.

3 Likes

signalling support for this hardworking, dedicated, diverse community and their vision :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks everyone for the support!
here is also a reward system’s panel we hosted at the Governauts.

3 Likes

I would love to join the program :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi PabloFM,
great you are interested!
The program will start in November, our goal is to gather a great mix of people from various backgrounds: economics, political science, engineering, data analysis, DAOs and more. Applications are not open yet, but please sign-up here and we’ll keep you posted :slight_smile: https://forms.gle/zNNLdi8aUKystz3QA

1 Like

Hi everyone,

we’re coming closer to kicking off our program!
After fleshing out the program, onboarding the first two partners, and a kick-off with our resaerch team, we’ve opened up applications for community co-researchers.

We invite people from various backgrounds (social science, game design, engineering) and ofc DAOists to actively take part and work on a self-defined research question.
Learn more here: TokenEngineering Academy | Token Engineering

@PabloFM @ALOYSIOUS, polats & sidcode pls register!

And for everyone reviewing our proposal: we can’t wait to add Gnosis Zodiac to the list of partners! :dizzy:
See you there!

1 Like

None of those discord IDs can be added :confused:

Hi everyone -
FYI we share regular updates on the progress of this initiative here - make sure to check it out for links to talks, presentations and knowledge resources! :rocket: :bulb: :exploding_head:

We are in the final phase of this program - all updates are available here: # GIP-15: Governauts Rewards Systems Research Initiative - #2 by akrtws-TE-Academy

Look forward to your next grand meeting

:grinning:

As long as it’s free, I like it. I love your project

It is estimated that it has failed

Update:

Our research teams are on the home stretch for Governauts Rewards Systems!

Make sure to mark your calendar for
FINAL PRESENTATIONS
on Thursday, February 24, 4pm UTC

You are warmly invited to join us, see you there!

We look forward to your surprise