Should GnosisDAO allow to use GNO locked in balancer pools for voting in snapshot proposals?

I support the proposal for letting GNO holders that utilize their GNO in DeFi to also be able to participate in governance.
IMO governance should be as inclusive as possible and allow any member of the community to participate (as long as the ownership can reliably be traced on chain)

If we want to bring this to a vote, what should be the options to decide on?

As @Richard pointed out we already have 2 strategies in the current gnosis space (gno balance and delegated gno balance), so we can only enable two more strategies.

If we go by current liquidity size, we should enable Balancer (ca 30M) and Uniswap (ca 1M).

1 Like

I recommend that in light of the 4 strategy limit, we only vote to add one for now in order to avoid making retro active changes or rushing into things, and to simplify the process as well as leaving the remaining strategy for future use. This will allow us to observe and measure the impact as well as driving more liquidity into a single DEX to maximize liquidity (ignoring DEX aggregators for the purpose of discussion), in addition can allow us to consider additional possibilities such as reserving some voting power for Mesa/Dxdao or other projects within the Gnosis ecosystem.

I recommend for choices, we list all of the LP pools (Balancer, Uniswap, Sushiswap, Mooniswap, etc.) and also a no LP options in case there are token holders who believe additional discussion or alternative is needed.

3 Likes

This proposal has moved to Phase 2, please check it out & vote here: GIP-8: Enable LP token voting on Snapshot

I support the proposal for letting GNO holders that utilize their GNO in DeFi to also be able to participate in governance.

1 Like

how earn token GNO as well