Should GnosisDAO implement multiple stablecoins on GBC - additional to xDAI

Benjamin from MAI

I definitely agree that this should be done. Crypto is about options and diversification. This proposal is a step in that direction.

For those that are not familiar with MAI and its benefits, here is a very brief overview + resources.

Volatility: MAI is one of the least volatile decentralized stablecoins, as seen here:

Track record: MAI has been live for almost 2 years, and is used in crypto’s largest dapps: Aave, Curve, Balancer, UniSwap, Stargate, Multichain, and many more.

Risk Management: we publicly tract info about our collaterals to make sure we dont have debt against illiquid assets and to ensure our risk parameters reflect the current state of token risk profiles. No other stablecoin or lending platform tracks this much data: https://riskmanagement.qidao.community/

MAI is backed by decentralized assets like ETH, MATIC, and GNO. It’s currently the largest stablecoin protocol on Gnosis Chain, and is minted natively on each chain.

3 Likes

I agree that MAI is a valuable protocol and I already used the minting on GC. Changing the minted MAI to xDAI is also no problem with minimal fees, that’s why I don’t see much need for any change regarding this.

1 Like