GIP-13 Gnosis Protocol Token

After reading the above replies, I want to talk about my personal opinion.
I don’t think we should be entangled in whether the POAP is on eth or xdai.
According to https://poap.gallery/, the currently distributed POAPs are:

1. Testing sessions POAP, total 353
  2. Ethereum Stable Version Launch POAP , total 1954
  3. Ethereum Stable Version Launch POAP , total 2708

All add up to 5015, which is a very small amount for a project’s airdrop (think about uniswap,1inch and dxdy), and these POAP addresses will partially overlap. I think most of the people who can get POAP are users who continue to pay attention and participate in the project. In fact, the wider airdrop can attract more users to use cowswap, not just limited to this issue.

6 Likes

agree with this proposal.
I hope the rules are more clear and rigorous

2 Likes

Nice GIP. @Anna and @cmagan knows how to make forum.gnosis hot : )
I like @vanmoortel idea not making simple airdrop for early adopters. Simple way from my view 50% of airdrop must be locked for 3-6 months and unlocked rule is make same trading volume as before airdrop (dydx style).

Also GNO holders airdrop is sensitive question to. A huge amount of GNO used as collateral on Cream, multichain LPing on DEXes and CEXes. Maybe we should use former OWL distribution model. Every GNO owner should lock GNO and earning GPT on unlocking.

Anyway I am very happy to see GIP like this. GNO is future token machine - Martins prediction coming to be true.

4 Likes

Glad to see some advancement on this topic.

The general sentiment seems to be very positive around launching the Gnosis Protocol Token, but there seem to be three major issues being brought up: should xDAI and Ethereum users be treated differently, should the POAPs have any weighting on the amount a user gets, and the cut-off date for ‘early adopters’. These are all real issues and affect how gameable the airdrop is. There is a fine-line that needs to be walked regarding distributing tokens to as large a set of users as possible to kick-start the decentralization process of the GPT, and avoiding airdropping tokens to users looking to game the system trading from multiple addresses.

I have faith the team will have methods in place to weed out obvious bots/wash trading accounts, but for the remaining genuine users the issues still stand. Before the community can make any sort of decision on these issues, we first need to be well informed. Would the Gnosis Protocol team be able to publish data around:

• The total number of addresses with CowSwap interactions.
  • What’s the ratio of Ethereum users:xDAI users?
  • The median trade value for a CowSwap trade on Ethereum and xDAI?
  • How many POAPs have been distributed/claimed?
  • Any other relevant stats

My off the cuff ideas for negating some of the concerns of xDAI users and POAP hunters gaming the system is to 1) require the POAP to be bridged to main net Ethereum and 2) require a minimum trade volume on main net Ethereum to be hit to unlock the airdrop allocation, as dYdX recently implemented to reasonable success. Both these actions will have reasonable L1 gas costs associated with them and hopefully deter users from attempting to game the system.

One final issue I want to bring up that I haven’t seen yet…and often gets over looked is: smart contract wallets. Hopefully the GPT airdrop does not overlook these users as many previous projects have.

Edit: just saw @wossean posted the POAP numbers, and I agree, they’re fairly small. Might be making a big fuss over a non-issue.

8 Likes

It’s a good idea to get more people involved and airdrop it to early supporters.
but distinguish between real users。

1 Like

I propose to take a snapshot on September 25, 2021 because that way more people will participate and people will like CoWSWAP better

2 Likes

I think allowing people to get a focused position in Gnosis Protocol (compared to the current more generic GNO) to be a good idea.

Airdrop Snapshot

What would be the snapshot taken for this? It’d be good for it to be known in advance such that people (like me with my personal GNO) who are LPing can withdraw them at the snapshot to still get the airdrop.

To answer previous posts, note that this isn’t really an announcement but a proposal, so it makes sense not to know the snapshot block at this time.

On price fairness

How would the price be determined for those?

As a DAO, I don’t think we should give special deal to VC just because they are VCs.
I know that VCs try to push for discounts, but the discount of one is the upmark of the other.
Community members also bring a bunch of services for free (developing projects around it, communicating about the project, acting as early users and testers), often more than VCs.
The Gnosis DAO is well funded therefore not in a position of weakness in front of VCs which would make selling tokens as a discount the only option for survival.
To get a better view of how VC discounts can negatively affect the project, you could follow this withdrawn sushiswap proposal where it was proposed to give VC discounts.

7 Likes

希望可以阳光普照,我交互过cowswap,希望也有机会获得空投

1 Like

The project is implemented very professionally and has a clear development plan. Made by a very professional and experienced team.

3 Likes

1.Some users have been participating in and using cowwap, but they may not participate in the weekly meeting because of language problems. However, they are also real users and want to consider the poap weight of the weekly meeting
2.People with poap deserve more airdrops
3.The total amount of pop airdrops to Eth and xdai is the same, so eth users can get more rewards. After all, they pay more costs.
4.Airdrop according to the times of using cowwap before 9.21
5.If you want to air drop users after 9.21, you want them to have different weights from users before 9.21, otherwise it will be unfair to users before 9.21

8 Likes

I agree with most of the previous posters that the snapshot should be taken just before this announcement or asap to prevent the system from being manipulated.

The airdrop should certainly include POAP holders who attended the weekly sessions and provided valuable feedback, but also include early users of Cowswap that predate the POAPs. Although I’m sure the team are already taking this into consideration.

2 Likes

We are very well aware of that, this is the reason that we are giving community members also the chance to invest at the same conditions as VCs. Evaluation, vesting, etc will be the same for everyone. It also says so in the text: :slight_smile:

We are aware that there are many community members that contribute to the overall success of Gnosis Protocol and we believe that they should receive the same opportunity as our core investors to invest early in GP. We would therefore airdrop options to our community members that enable them to invest under the same conditions as VCs (same evaluation, same vesting schedule) into our new token.

We are aware of this and ideally find a solution that LP tokens can be equally rewarded. In any case we are not ignoring this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It goes without saying that the short date should be before you claim to give it out, as there are now more people trying to get airdrops through robo-trading. The total number of people who got poap last time was not very large, and users on both chains should be treated equally.

1 Like

On the other hand, I think we could well have taken longer to discuss the airdrop, and of course the snapshot time should have ended with yesterday. This protects the rights of previously active users on the one hand, and also allows us to better work out a solution.

1 Like

This is good news. After reading all the discussions above, everyone’s views on “Retroactive airdrop to early adopters (5%)” are not consistent. Let me talk about my views:

1. First of all, the gas of eth and xdai are different. The interaction cost of early users should be considered as the basis for airdrop. In addition, the number of transactions should be used as an important criterion for judging address qualifications.
  2. Poap holders are proof of participation in the activity, but they have no additional contribution compared with early adopters who did not receive poap, and should not be used as a basis for airdrops.
  3. As a Retroactive airdrop, the time of the airdrop snapshot should be earlier than this proposal.ating, the time of the airdrop snapshot should be earlier than this proposal.
3 Likes

Thanks @cmagan and @Anna for the excellent proposal!, GPT will be critical for creating network effects.

I think we should be very careful with the initial token allocation. If GPT didn’t exist, most of the benefits and risks to develop Gnosis Protocol would be assumed by Gnosis and GNO token holders. Honouring investors is key for the future capital formation of Gnosis Protocol, so I think we should give GnosisDAO and GNO token holder not less than 30% (instead of the current 15%). I’m pretty sure GnosisDAO will have stronger hands than almost anybody in the community anyway.

I disagree with people asking to cut the airdrop before this GIP-13 post. The airdrop needs to be used to incentivise the current and future activity, not just to give free money to early insiders/ sybil attackers who knew there could be a token. This situation is very common with other less transparent DAOs/Projects and needs to be avoided. @ykplayer8 is right regarding simple airdrops, they incentivise instadumping behaviour.

If early users really believe in Gnosis Protocol and don’t want just free money, they should be buying GNO right now.

6 Likes

I highly agree with this proposal. However I wish to express two point about eariler user rewards.

1. The snapshot before Sep 21 2021 11:23:12 (UTC), or before block number 13268831 , is necessary, to keep it fair for the real supporters.
  2. There are a lot of Chinese AirDrop hunters already interact with cowswap specifically for AirDrop, they manipulate hundreds even thousands accounts, do a small trade only once, like 100-200USD.
    If those accounts are rewarded with a great value, it will be unfair for the rest of true users.It is recommended that users with a transaction amount of more than $1000 get an empty investment grid
    3.eth users can get more rewards than xDAI. After all, they paid more

Thanks

3 Likes

I agree with the GPI-3,but early users of Cowswap Exchange should be airdroped

3 Likes

GnosisDAO might receive the largest share as a single organization but in terms of coordination required within the DAO to use this voting power, it is on a similar level as the core team or external investors, which in total receive a bigger share. This is why I would propose equal vesting schedules among all of them.

4 Likes

I think this is definitely a legitimate perspective.
I’m not opposed to equal vesting…
I would love to see some discussion form within GnosisDAO about how to practically use its voting power in other DAOs. Delegating at least part of it among several trusted and aligned community members might be a good initial solution.

4 Likes