GIP-13 Gnosis Protocol Token

How do I get an airdrop?

3 Likes

This is true. However, having a single entity owning such a large share makes it very unattractive to investors that actually want to be active and influence the project (even 15% is a stretch). I think our experience with Gnosis shows that the absence of such active external parties that are involved in strategic and governance decision have made it harder to build a product that finds fit and can compete in this extremely hard space.

I personally think that the overall chance of GPT succeeding is > 2x higher with a 15% GNO share compared to a 30% share.

7 Likes

i love CowSwap:) i cant wait for governence

1 Like

Looking at the initial token distribution about 15%-20% of the 48% allocated tokens (airdrops + team + investment round + GnosisDAO) are given to GNO token holders. This is 31% to 42% of the initial distribution and a fair share in my view.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I really love the idea of a community governed Gnosis Protocol. But with regard to the buy back option in the Token Supply section you implicitly reveal that you want to issue a transferable GPT. In light of the current regulatory pressure from different enforcement agencies I would suggest that we as the GnosisDAO are issuing a non-transferable token. Whether or how the GP DAO will change the token functionality at a later date, and how the GnosisDAO will coordinate with its tokens on this issue, should only concern us at a time when this issue becomes relevant. However, currently the regulatory climate is so hot that I would vote against a transferable token.

3 Likes

POAPs shouldnā€™t matter. there are plenty of early users who effectively did testing several times, but didnā€™t have time to do the POAP events.

2 Likes

POAP events are important for the testing of the protocol. You used COWswap to your benefit but those people did the swaps to help the COWswap team test the new changes. They spent hundreds on gas fees and did trades that are not really benifical to them only to be present on the test and help the team build better products.
So those who have taken the time every week and done trades for the test should get the more percentage. Itā€™s only fair to them!

3 Likes

Finally come out! Totally agree this proposal.
Early suporters before July even June, POAP active testers, they should be considered to get more airdrops.

5 Likes

I personally agree with this initial proposal and and am a fan of the way the distribution is structured. I am a fan of the utilities mentioned of the token and feel we have a very unique product here so this is exciting for everyone. I trust the team will hash out the banter between xDai and ETH users in a fair and organized fashion while hearing out the community for a vote of some kind.

I would like to open a discussion regarding Liquidity providers as many GNO holders have placed their tokens in Uniswap, Balancer, other AMMs, and various other pools across the Ethereum Netwrok and Arbitrum (possibly others). Will a deadline be announced for when to remove these tokens and place them into the locking mechanism? Also will the full value, or only the % of the pool value be eligible based on a snapshot? A few things I would like answers too and have seen via this forum and discord many others are wondering as well. I support the pool % split route personally but want to hear various opinions on this.

Excited for more discussion on everything GPv2. Great work on this Gnosis / CowSwap teams.

3 Likes

I would be your honest fan, just go !

1 Like

Will there need to be a KYC component to these investment options, or are you able to do it permissionlessly? I ask as another project I follow, SingularityNet, recently did a similar mechanism allowing AGI token holders to invest in the new spin-off token, SDAO, at the early investment stage alongside VCs. However it required KYC to sign-up and was unavailable to a large swathe of nationalities, effectively making the number of AGI holders able to participate extremely small.

4 Likes

It is airdrop, not ICO, so I think KYC is not necessary.

5 Likes

Agreed! However, 100-200 usdt cannot effectively eliminate these hunters. According to the information I have obtained, A group of AirDrop hunters have already obtained hundreds of POAPs, and their test quota is about 2K usdt or more. The gas consumed is not worth mentioning to them, so I suggest increasing the quota to 5000-10KU.

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ve read all the responses. Most of them are saying ā€œgive me a fucking airdrop and nobody else can do more than me or itā€™s not fair on meā€, these assholes donā€™t care if Cowswap is doing well or not because they only care about themselves. My advice is that there are dozens of encrypted DApps out there every day, and if you want more people to know and use Cowswap, you should not set so many rules, whether you have a POAP, whether you have a POAP on Ethereum or XDAI, whether you have a REAL user or someone interacting for airdrop, you should have their airdrop.

4 Likes

Welcome to Gnosis ā€” thanks for contributing!

• Does your reply improve the conversation in some way?
  • Be kind to your fellow community members.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas , not people.

For more, see our community guidelines. This panel will only appear for your first 2 posts.

1 Like

I agree, they are arguing for profit now

2 Likes

I donā€™t think we should worry too much about airdrop hunters. Look at DYDX, they just did an airdrop to everyone that touched the protocol (also very game-able) and the token price dumped a bit on day one and then leveled out and is now up in USD from launch.

This entire thread is just people arguing of what suits them best lol. I think we try to get the airdrop in as many peopleā€™s hands as possible probably with a snapshot date of sept 21 & then also have a separate bucket of tokens that is for folks that continue to use the protocol from sept 21 on.

Giving extra to those that tested and received POAPs makes sense so long as it is not game-able (saw there are fake ones getting created today in CS discord).

I like what DYDX did in regard to claiming the airdrop ā€¦ you had to place a trade on their new L2 product in order to claim (use the airdrop to incentivize a behavoid that they team/protocol want). Maybe there is a Cowswap equivalence to that we could do?

them is my thoughts :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

thanks for the governance token.
It definitely can reward early supporters and GNO holders.
But the most important thing is a snapshot which should take before 21st,9.
This is fair for the early supporters for cow and GNO.
thanks.

2 Likes

its good to see the CowSwap team proposing to have their own native token for the CowSwap protocol, may i also add that using UMAs KPI options for the airdrop has huge upside for the long term believers and supporters of the protocol and would eleminate airdrop hunters from pushing the price downwards, when the airdrop is distributed in the form of KPI options the contract can be set up in such a way that ex; one KPI option starts off with 0.1* token , after suppose the criteria is to get more swaps or volume traded on CowSwap on each milestone more tokens get unlocked per KPI option such as from 0.1* token to 0.3,0.6,0.8, 1* token. the deployment of the contracts from UMA are free of charges. umaproject.org

2 Likes

Yes, i hope that for the fairly

3 Likes