GIP-13 Gnosis Protocol Token

Dev if you seeing this comment please read all

dev if you are taking snapshot at 21th September than don’t do this because some new user not get anything
That’s why all will be happy if snapshot take on 27th September because i am new herr who using your dex for transactions and i like your dex

Please do this if you want to all happy because some new user will sad if you take snapshot at 21th September

I am commenting this because some early user giving idea to take snapshot at 21th September

Please take snapshot on this time all will be happy

27TH SEPTEMBER

2 Likes

I love the idea that the vesting periods are catered toward the future development of both the DAO and the Ecosystem. I also quite frankly, love the fairness of allocations, the overall positive sentiment anticipating the launch of the protocol token.

It’s interesting being this early to a project. You get to kind of see first hand some of the decisions that were made that sparked early evaluations. I’m actually loving this. Couldn’t be more excited.

• Donfluence
4 Likes

If we don’t require any locking we will see a big price surge of GNO shortly before the snapshot is taken and a huge drop after. This could be prevented by requiring locking GNO for a longer period of time. We could allow for different airdrop rewards based on different locking periods (e.g. no lock = 1x, 6 months = 1.5x, 1 year 2x). Tax implications should be considered.

3 Likes

Maybe it is make sense to use not just pure GNO for locking. What about to use LP GNO-WETH tokens from Balancer and crGNO tokens from Cream on mainnet and Balancer LP GNO-WETH on Arbitrum for locking to. We can save a lot of gas to do this and avoid liquidity crisis.

2 Likes

The essence of airdrops is to find the users that the community needs.
Currently the community needs two types of users.
1, ordinary users, the basis of the project, but the individual price is low
2, elite users, they are the important driving force for the development of the project, high value
For the time being, there are too many ordinary users and fewer elite users.
Therefore I think more elite users should be given airdrops to drive the project side. At the same time motivate ordinary users to grow into elite users.
Therefore I think most of the tokens should be given to the users who have promoted the GNO project side and actively expressed their opinions in the GNO community. This is what they deserve. But these tokens should have a locking mechanism, where 50% of the tokens are unlocked linearly and the other 50% will be unlocked via Snapshot (after one year, they need to state the contribution they made in the COWSWAP project during this year and pass the community’s approval)

3 Likes

It will be interesting to understand the cross-holding structure (wrt the GP DAO’s interest in holding GNO) and whether there are any specific targets that you believe will be helpful in maintaining alignment/participation between both GP and Gnosis DAO’s - and if this is something that needs to be further incentivised as part of the auction/drop.

Generally in agreement with the broader inflationary mechanism as well as the locking to avail more discounts/fees - and maybe even voting weight. It might be helpful for the GP stakeholders to align on the Northstar metrics they care about and make sure that everyone has an eye on the underlying behaviour/mechanics that contribute to the growth of the same. Very early thinking on my part, but it would be nice to have some community-driven OKR’s to ensure that there is a constant eye on what the key objectives for the short/long-term are and what stakeholders are working on which aspects to drive towards the fulfilment of the same. I presume this would have to be increasing the trades facilitated on the platform (and maybe have similar price/slippage characteristics as other aggregators - and maybe this could be enshrined as a top-level goal of reaching say a third of all all trading volume on aggregators?) + incentivizing the growth of a good solver ecosystem + a relay mechanic to route orders to the right solvers (which could in turn be enshrined in the form of matching orders in a specific window of time, perhaps?). These are again very early thoughts and would appreciate thoughts from @Anna and @StefanGeorge and the broader community.

(Minor point wrt staking for solvers - it would be quite helpful to understand if there is a framework for classifying behaviour as erroneous or malicious)

2 Likes

This is great. The token for dex and Dao is quite different. It is better to have their own token for different function. While what should carefully think about is the distributing plan for Gnosis owner and user of dex. Both are important.

1 Like

i suggest deadline for airdrop to early users should be september 21st, such that no one games the distribution

2 Likes

POAP holders should be considered the most because they dedicated extra effort for testing, while early users before start of poap distribution should be considered as well. In my opinion, the most dedicated users are those following up with cowswap development continuously by either participating from early dates before July 23th(the first POAP distribution) or received at least a POAP from one of the testing sessions.

I used COWswap to trade $20 in May to experience this good product. In August, because of the demand for DAI, I traded more than $100 on COWswap again. The reason I used it to trade was that it was not traded. I like this product very much for the costs incurred. Will I get an airdrop? I don’t have POAP. I think holding POAP is not a real user. It would be unfair to only give them airdrop rewards. I hope that early users and supporters like me can receive airdrop rewards fairly for fans of the product. , Thank you very much the administrator can see my problem

1 Like

Motivate early users。

How to define who is the early user

1. Users who have used cowswap
  2. People who contribute to project optimization

Gno coins should have greater weight

EARLY BIRDS:
Remembering the first swap via ETH while CS was still ALPHA or BETA and caution was advised: those moves felt like real early - for a non-coder, non-crypto-native… I was just sick and tired of the exorbitant high gas fees.
It would be nice to see this bravery somehow rewarded…

Frequent Users
Since thiose days I used CS whenever my pair was available. Returning Customers could be considered, imo.

Feedback Givers
Responsive Customers should be considered, too.

Fair Distribution
It will never be fair. Someone will always be left behind. I am still new to all DAO, Crypto, Gnosis and many other topics - Therefore: try your best approach and I am happy with the result. Promised.

1 Like

I think it’s time to do something for the community. I strongly agree with the suggestion of issuing gpt tokens. Because we need to flow, we need to pay attention! However, the price of our Gno tokens is too high, which is not conducive to the flow.

I thought it was time to do something for the community. I am very much in favour of the GPT token proposal. Because we need flow, we need attention! The price of our Gno token is really too high, which is not conducive to flow! Why not hard fork like dot Bcha? That way we can get a lot of people involved and into our community. Good advice from GPT, but be sure to protect against bugs. I have tens of thousands of fans, and I hope that when GPT launches, I can lead them to join in and jointly promote the liquidity of this new currency. We should study Solana, or Ksm community. Right! Learn from each other.

The token is a great idea and a good step towards decentralization of the exchange.

Getting coins into the hands of more people is a good thing. Crypto is about network effects, pure and simple. An airdrop is a tool to expand COWSWAP’s network. Give coins to anyone who has used the exchange right up to the airdrop date.

Sure, give a few extra coins to GNO holders or even POAP holders.

But as we’ve seen with countless other DeFi protocols, speculators are an important part of this ecosystem. Trading volume is what we’ll need to get this coin to succeed.

More airdrops = more volume

I think it should be distributed to all ETH traders before the announcement on September 21. Of course, XDAI transactions above $1000 should also be considered; secondly, all poap holders who have been distributed until the day of the airdrop (if he sells POAP, he should not Get rewards); at the same time traders + poap holders can get superimposed rewards

3 Likes

If you really pay attention to cowswap, you should know how long Friday’s poap event lasted and its importance

I am also the holder of poap and gno tokens. It is only aimed at a part of the speculative crowd. This is just my personal opinion. I support a wider airdrop rather than let a few people enjoy it, but it should be based on some rules.

In the early tests, a large number of transactions could not be completed within the prescribed test time. This was mainly due to the emergence of poap hunters and speculators. If you participated in the test last week, you would agree with me.

1 Like