GIP-13 Gnosis Protocol Token

I am worried about such a token economic model. It may provide good incentives for developers and organizers, but it is not conducive to the continued construction of the ecology. I suggest setting up an ecological construction fund to ensure that subsequent token distributions will continue to prosper.

1 Like

Nice proposal. And I agree that snapshot should taken before this announcement.

yes this is a good project

2 Likes

When will this proposal have a result? It has been 2 months, and it seems that there is no conclusion.

2 Likes

GIP-13 suggests allocating 10% of Gnosis Protocol tokens to GnosisDAO in a 4 years linear vesting contract leading to a strong concentration of tokens for one single entity. This would give GnosisDAO the potential to strongly interfere with the governance of Gnosis Protocol. In addition, the current proposal doesn’t create any strong incentives to hold any GNO beyond the time the snapshot is taken to define the airdrop distribution.

We suggest to do a change to the distribution and reducing the GnosisDAO share to 5%. The remaining 5% should be given to GNO token holders, who commit to hold GNO for one year. The received airdrop should be vested for four years to create a stronger alignment with the Gnosis Protocol DAO. The locking contract required to lock GNO should be an upgradable contract, controlled by GnosisDAO. This would allow GnosisDAO to change conditions after locking to allow owners of locked GNO to participate in other utility of GNO such as potential liquid staking on Gnosis Chain.

10 Likes

Would be cool to let cowswap users benefit from this token , all gnosis safe users and early adopters are built to run this ^^

1 Like

It’s finally here! :grinning:

1 Like

No, I think this proposal will never end,

Launching the GPT governance token will be a great milestone of the development of Gnosis Protocol v2, I’m for it.

1 Like

of course launching GP is so important for a DEX so i guess if Cowswap has a plan to be one of the best dexes it has to try a fair token distribution to its users .

1 Like

good idea in the cowswap team

Great .i wishesall good comes

I’m one of your earliest users, would love to be on that airdrop list.

gpt token is one of the best solutions to prevent rent access players.
Thank you for your good team

I think the method of calculating the GAS cost in COWSWAP is excellent.
Since I learned about COW, I have been using COWSWAP frequently instead of UNISWAP.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t expecting air drops, but it’s just because I actually use it and it’s easy to use.
I understand that there are many airdrop hunters out there, but I think it is necessary to give tokens to regular users.

Couldnt agree more! Especially on using COWSWAP.

I support this since it increases GNO holders commitment to the protocol. Agree that currently there is no incentive to hold beyond the snapshot.

Quick question: How long will it take to create an audited locking contract? Is something like this available “off the shelf” i.e. created by another project we can re-use?

EDIT: Thinking a bit more about this, some more ideas for the locked GNO

1. The “locking” contract gives an option to stake my GNO. I think the staking process is currently not hassle-free
  2. Allow me to still vote
  3. Since we already have (or plan to have) a treasury management service (GIP-20: Karpatkey DAO Treasury Management - #7), it would be great if they could manage the locked GNO as well. The rewards here could be distributed to the locked GNO holders

Having said that, I also think there is a real chance the market may enter a more bearish phase. I would release tokens sooner (i.e. without the above) rather than later

3 Likes

很好,为贡献者考虑周到,理想的分配方式,还有可以考虑徽章和早期贡献者。

We need to reward investors who are willing to hold GNO in a bearish phase!

The “off the shelf” solution is veCRV like assets, the tokenomics are great and many other protocols are implementing it.

1- It’s hassle free, no action needed after locking
2- Voting is done with the non-transferrable asset. GBC validators could be an exception?
3- If we lock LPTs, there’s no need to manage GNO, it is already an independent working capital.

I shared it on other post: A token for Gnosis Protocol - #36 by claberus

1 Like

The locking contract we have in mind is not available off the shelf but fairly simple to implement.

The fact that we use an upgradable contract will allow GnosisDAO to enable other use-cases for the locked GNO including liquid staking.

You should absolutely be able to vote with your locked GNO.

The purpose of locking is to show long-term commitment. It would be pointless if we were to release tokens in a bearish phase and trigger a selloff.

1 Like