GIP 16 - Gnosis Chain - xDAI/Gnosis merge

for those who have their $STAKE on exchanges, would they be able to participate in voting

No, they won’t be able to participate in voting. You can find a list of who can vote here: https://www.xdaichain.com/for-users/governance/stake-weighted-voting

The snapshot vote will start on Monday, November 29th.

and any eventual token swap

The proposal itself is talking about 6 months in which you will be able to swap your tokens.

what is the latest proposal at play, is it this comment? and where can I vote on that?

Yes, the current proposal is the original post plus the post from Martin which you are referring to.
As I already said, the vote starts on November 29. and will last for 7 days.

1 Like

if one withdraws from exchange now, can they vote? thx!

If they have the Stake in their wallet during snapshot they can vote, so answer is yes till snapshot is taken.

Important Update:

The vote on this proposal is delayed due to technical issues by one day and will start on Tuesday (30.11.) at 5 pm UTC. We want to make sure the voting and execution of the proposal can be done successfully without any issues.

Thanks for the update. May I ask which kind of technical issues you are facing?

The preparation of the on-chain execution from GnosisDAO is not trivial. By now all issues are solved but we want to write more tests to make sure we covered everything. We don’t want to have to repeat this vote because of some technical issues.

what is the issue? i think that is a fake active!

@mkoeppelmann @0x433ca910aef353f20b I am trully shocked by this insult! This is not merger but a slap on the face to loyal STAKE holders. What is really happening is that loyal STAKE holders are being sold off to grow Gnosis network for FREE. I do not like any of this propasal deal Sh#t, if GNOSIS wants STAKE, BUY IT FROM THE OPEN MARKET LIKE WE DID!!! WE WILL SEE IF YOU’LL BE ABLE TO AQUIRE THE MAJORITY OF XDAI CHAIN COMMUNITY AT THIS NONESNSICAL FIXED PRICE OF 0.003 GNOSIS!!!

RIGHT NOW WHATS HAPPENING IS THAT XDAI STAKE IS PRETTY MUCH BEING BOUGHT OFF BY a 600 million market CAP project. BUT THE COMMUNITY IS NOT GETTING A CENT OUT OF THIS…WTH!!! THE COMMUNITY GOT INVOLVED IN XDAI STAKE WITH THE SAME REASONS GNOSIS IS GETTING INVOLEVED WITH XDAI CHAIN. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT WE BECAME PART OF XDAI STAKE COMMUNITY BEFORE GNOSIS DID!!! GNOSIS IS SOMEHOW GETTING A FREE RIDE BY BUYING THE WHOLE STAKE COMMUNITY AT A FIXED PRICE OF 0.003 GNOSIS WHICH REAMRKABLY HAPPENS TO BE PRETTY MUCH THE ALL TIME LOWS FOR XDAI STAKE!!! #BUYSTAKEFROMTHEMARKET

THE FACT THAT STAKE IS BEING SOLD OFF BEFORE ANY PRICE DISCOVERY IS A SHAME!! THE first notable WHALES (GNOSIS) which seem interested in STAKE somehow set up ways TO BUY THE PROJECT PRIVATELY AT A FIXED PRICE…VERY VERRY SHADY.

Most holders got into STAKE as they believed in STAKE’s technical capabilty in providing better trading environment for crypto users. WHICH THEY HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO even if the price is not refelcting it. But the community certainly didn’t get involved in STAKE to see its growth to be CAPPED LIKE THIS!! YOUR FORCING THE COMMUNITY TO SELL THEIR TOKENS PRETTY MUCH AT ALL TIME LOWS … COME ON!. I would expect this type of handling of the issue from a meme coin, NOT FROM A COMPETENT TEAM LIKE XDAI CHAIN. IF GNOSIS truly values the XDAI STAKE community and the technical capability of XDAI STAKE developers and architects in the future then a respectable 1:1 ratio GNOSIS/STAKE should be put forward. GNOSIS is LITERALLY CAPITALISING ON IT’S NEW COMMUNITY (Xdai xhain community) using their 30X run up they had in this bull run to employ STAKE developers and Architects and SIMPLY buying the community off FOR FREE.

IF GNOSIS trully respects its new community and the so called partenship with STAKE engineers and developers going in the future then they should BUY THE STAKE PROJECT at a price they believe is worth in coming future.

AND PLEASE DON’T SAY GNOSIS IS UNDERVALUED IN THE SAME SENTENCE WITH STAKE BEING UNDERVALUED. GNOSIS did a 30X in this run whereas STAKE barely moved! YOUR COMPARING APPLES AND PEARS HERE in terms of being undervalued !!!

1 Like

@GuckFnosis STAKE COMMUNITY IS BEING FRONTRUNNED BY A 600 million marketcap token, CONSEQUENTLY, STAKE HOLDERS ARE NOT GETTING A CENT OUT OF THIS NEW AQUISITION! WHAT A SHAME!

1 Like

The majority of the XDAI STAKE Community is at a loss and will not profit from this merger. It looks as if the 14 whales who own 75% of STAKE sold the community off to GNOSIS to grow that community for FREE. Check the charts and Go and check out intotheblock.com if you wanna see it the charts for your ownself! I am PRO partenship but this deal IS ATTROUCIOUS for STAKE holders!! WE ARE NOT GETTING A CENT FROM THIS TRADE EVENTHOUGH WE BEEN SUPPORTING AND HODLING FOR LONG!!

2 Likes

THE FACT THAT STAKE IS BEING SOLD OFF BEFORE ANY PRICE DISCOVERY IS A SHAME!!

I’m a STAKE holder, too. But I think maybe the “PRICE DISCOVERY” is just an illusion.
What xDai community needs at this stage, is a bigger cake, not a bigger percentage.

2 Likes

I have loved the idea of ​​this new crypto revolution on a new or remodeled blockchain.

It is too interesting and exciting everything that the new Gnosis Chain will bring, using the EIP-1559 variant.

And also, the expectations of attracting new projects and investors that help to strengthen a stronger alliance with other blockchains.

So, everything captured up there with all the details of DAO Governance, Staking, integration between platforms, DEX and everything else, will be I think, something great for the near and distant future.

I have stake,but can’t vote :rofl:

that means xdai rebranding to gno?

I held a significant amount of xDai for over 12 months, ultimately forced into a taxable event with the Gnosis merge/swap (United States-based wallet), all this with near-zero practical incentive. Shameful.

Have there been ANY discussions around incentives specifically designed to take care of the xDai refugees who continue to support this project?

E.g., As a former xDai hodler I want an NFT airdrop so that I can apply a multiplier to my GNO staking rewards and receive other exclusive benefits.

Yes, this is correct: https://www.xdaichain.com/

I think the valuation should be handed over to the market, and the team should improve the technology

hi
how to claim my airdrop vCOW
I locked GNO tokens in https://lock.gnosis.io/ in Feb 14
but I can not claim from CoW Swap | The smartest way to trade cryptocurrencies

this was great, but why can’t someone who believed in your project but hasn’t been following it for a while and has now returned, can not exchange their stake coins for GNO?
I created liquidity at uniswap, but since I was away I lost almost everything?

Hi @agostini7 - You can always look for liquidity on Honeyswap or another DEX but the deadline to swap your STAKE for GNO has long since passed. The call to action was communicated for a long period of time across many social channels. Unfortunately, Gnosis does not maintain or participate in the liquidity of STAKE.