GIP-29: Spin-off safeDAO and Launch SAFE Token

Why not extend the time line? Give token holders more time to consider lock for vCOW? I have requested for an extension of lock timeframe by two weeks.

Extend GNO Token Lock by another 2 weeks for GIP29 Snapshot

1 Like

Please, how to participate in airdrop?

Tokens are used to create vaults, which is nice

@lukas_gnosis, this is a great proposal. I would like to suggest one more addition – setting aside a % of Ecosytem or Core Contributor allocation to support Ethereum Core Devs. As Tim Beiko highlights in this tweet, funding Ethereum Core Dev needs to be a sustainable process. With core devs building the core protocol that Gnosis Safe benefits from and with projects like Gnosis Safe protecting billions of dollars worth of assets on Ethereum, it is evident that both stakeholders have incentives aligned.

Hence, I suggest allocating 1-3% to Ethereum core devs to initiates such as the Protocol Guild. This allocation can have the same vesting schedule as core contributors of Safe, or any other vesting schedule the team sees fit.

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of the community, thank you.

5 Likes

Want to bump here again and see if any thoughts. Feels like GNO holders should vote NO on the spinoff if they are being diluted to a circumspect 20% from an absolute 100% of the value today.

2 Likes

I’m all for this. It gets my vote.

Would strongly support the inclusion of an incentive-compatible payment to the core protocol teams.

Wow,that’s fantastic proposal. The details are up to stardard,and i wonder one detail if there will be a community airdrop for such as twitter&discord active and contributing members which would attract more potential ecological user.This can highlight the attributes of safeDAO.

1 Like

That was such an epic proposal to read! One thing I believe it missed, and that is not favouring those who run GBC validators with GNO. What would be GnosisDAO’s goal is to be the most decentralized. And this pulls out decentralization in favor of just locking GNO.
Which in my view are less valueable, than ‘pulling more GNO token holders’ towards running validators! Trying to reach the goal of running 100,000 nodes wordwide in a decentralized way asap is harder, if we only reward those who lock their GNO until lock time ends.
I believe there should been ‘lock dropped’ same rewards for those too who run validators to help secure and decentralize the network.
Or in addition, it should been viewed as a LOCK too, as it is locked until the merge comes.
It would been ideal imo to give validators the same reward as for those who locked their tokens.
As locking tokens are a lot easier than running validators and checking network status to make sure it’s healthy.
GNO validators should be treated well and the incentives must be there, as Gnosis aims to fulfill the idea of decentralization, we need more people worldwide to run nodes from homes.
Making GNO validators part of the SAFE token distribution would bring more validators and more decentralization. Not including them sounds incorrect to me

3 Likes

GNO validator here – this has been implemented. If you run validators, you are eligible for locked rewards

2 Likes

if do this is gonna be huge, $safe will bring back gnosis chain

Since a lot of $COW airdroppers swapped their COW into GNO to be eligible for the SAFE airdrop, I wonder if it wouldn’t make sense to legitimate the Gnosis ecosystem by indeed, allowing users of other products under the Gnosis umbrella to be eligible for the SAFE token launch. Incentivizing users to jump into COW and hold it as either a multiplier or simply an eligibility criteria would demonstrate strength for the Gnosis ecosystem as a whole.

8 Likes

As a GNO and COW holder I like this idea. Obviously doesn’t have to be a huge amount. I like the idea of a multiplier or small percentage.

4 Likes

I would like to make COW holders to be eligible for the SAFE token launch too and it would bring massive value to the COW token. Maybe with linear vesting too.

6 Likes

That would be great! Can you link the source of where the information comes from?
Only to those validators already in or we can add to that portions and receive more SAFE tokens? :slight_smile:

nice work.I think the laocked gno users and hold users should have the chance

Theyre running this the same as the CoW drop where validators were given locked CoW. I dont think the cutoff time has been set yet (havent seen anything)

Fully agree. COW needs some sort of incentive here.

4 Likes

We hear different info from different people, we were asking @StefanGeorge too to verify but he said it is likely that we have to lock our GNOs to be part of the SAFE token distribution, which as I understand would mean, those who will or running GNO validators will not getting the SAFE token drops.
At this point I am not sure who can truly verify what and how happens, as the proposal is not mentioning GNO validators? I would feel bit disappointed if luring people away from running GNO validators would result in getting SAFE tokens, instead of using it to lure even more people to run more GNO validators to march further with decentralization. I would love to see a lot of validators on the ‘decentralization map of Gnosis’ with atleast similar status to Helium’s to reach the goal of achieving the most decentralized network, which would be unique in the space with getting closer to 1B TVL on Gnosis chain already, plus merge is around the corner with GBC!:slight_smile:

To be 100% clear: Everyone who is using GNO participating in validating the network will also qualify for the SAFE token airdrop.

12 Likes