GIP-36: Should GnosisDAO fund BuidlGuidl 3 ETH per quarter?

GIP-36: Should GnosisDAO fund BuidlGuidl 3 ETH per quarter?

• Let’s do this!
  • Make no changes

0 voters

GIP: 36
title:Should GnosisDAO fund BuidlGuidl 3 ETH per quarter?
author:Stefan George
type:Funding 
created: 2022-04-12

Summary

The BuidlGuidl is a curated group of Ethereum builders creating prototypes and tutorials to enrich the ecosystem. They actively maintain scaffold-eth. Austin Griffith and BuidlGuidl can be a source of new
talent for the Gnosis ecosystem. We can think of new quests to add, which might lead to new hires for Safe, CowSwap, or Gnosis Chain projects.

This GIP proposes to fund BuidlGuidl with 3 ETH per quarter sent to buidlguidl.eth from the GnosisDAO treasury.

5 Likes

The BuidlGuidl, Burner Wallet, Scaffold-ETh and Austin Griffith have been great educators, supporters and of and Validators for xDainChain since the beginning. Happy to support this very moderate effort.

Couldn’t find the original discussion so I’m a little confused on the details. By sending 3 ETH per quarter to the BuidlGuidl what is the ecosystem gaining? I see the thing about possible talent but what is the purpose of the funds, is the DAO buying something, or just supporting a project that the DAO wants to be connected with?

I believe the intention behind this proposal is to capture the talent, that Austin and Scaffold-ETH have historically attracted, for the benefit of the Gnosis ecosystem.

1 Like

Dear Buidlguidl team,

As stated in this forum post we are introducing new measures to ensure transparency and accountability around GIPs funded by the GnosisDAO.

Accordingly, we are asking the teams who authored GIPs and received funding to provide updates about their work.

Please comment on:

• How much funds you received since the Snapshot passed,
  • How those funds were used, and
  • How this helped to foster the Gnosis Ecosystem.

The community is invited to ask questions about the status of your project that should be addressed. Please make sure to monitor your post and respond to questions from the community.

We are looking forward to learning about the progress of your project. Moving forward we would appreciate it if you could give updates on a regular basis.

2 Likes