GIP-60: Should Gnosis pilot a DAOcast?

Hello Gnosis community! :owl:

My name is T Wells, I’ve been active in the crypto/web3 space for the past 18 months, and have contributed to different DAOs in the Gnosis Chain ecosystem (mainly 1Hive and ShapeShift). Most recently, my team and I had the pleasure of crafting video content, and hosting live interviews for Gnosis Chain; it’s been great to work hand-in-hand with contributors such as @john_szczepaniak @D0SH @Mojmir @armog on these mini-projects. I’d like to suggest a new media/communications initiative, and look forward to your comments and feedback!

title: Should Gnosis pilot a DAOcast?
author: T Wells 
type: Funding
created: 2022-07-28
  • Lets do this!
  • Make no changes

0 voters

Gnosis DAOcast

Proposal Summary

Pilot a weekly live broadcast to communicate the latest developments in the Gnosis DAO ecosystem, and provide a new way to grow the community through education and fun.

Background & Motivation

All public-facing DAO activities and decisions (community calls, AMA’s, forum discussions, snapshot votes, etc.) can be harnessed to generate content that amplifies the work of the community, and establish a unique narrative. Gnosis DAO is a dynamic project with respected status in the industry; a live broadcast designed to cover its activities would serve as a marketing resource, increase community engagement, and add a new layer of communications transparency.

Specification

DAOcast Format

• Episode length: ~1 hour

• Frequency: Bi-weekly

• Pilot Duration: 16 weeks (8 total episodes)

• Logistics: Show hosted on Twitter Spaces + audio combined with visual overlays via OBS to be run live on YouTube. This format can enable Gnosis DAO to grow its audience on two of the most important social media platforms in the industry simultaneously.

• Content options: The table below contains a variety of content ideas for the pilot; there is a lot of room for creativity and we are open to suggestions. After feedback from the Gnosis team, we will focus primarily on content that helps to highlight the Gnosis Chain ecosystem, while also helping to communicate wider developments in the DAO.

• Post-Show Highlights: Following each program, we will cut at least two (2) highlights from the broadcast. At least one (1) of these cuts will be 2m 20s or under for use as twitter native video; both cuts will be posted independently on YouTube to create a consistent posting cadence required to gain traction with the algorithm.

• Aesthetic Design: All visuals used on YouTube will be aligned with the branding expectations of Gnosis DAO.

• Bi-weekly Fit with Content Schedule:
    DAOcastCadence

How will we measure success?

In order to achieve success, alignment with existing Gnosis DAO marketing / communications goals is required. Should this initiative take flight, we hope to work closely with relevant teams to ensure we are rowing in the same direction. We propose three KPI categories for evaluating the pilot (table below). Data for all agreed-upon KPIs will be recorded after each show in a public spreadsheet with visualizations.

Why our team?

We have excellent knowledge of the web3 space, context on Gnosis DAO, and the logistical and technical expertise required to research, plan, and execute consistent content creation.

Relevant work samples with Gnosis Chain:
Post-produced content

Interview-style GC Show [live stream + highlights]

Team Members

How much will it cost?

Tokens Requested: 4,000 xDai/USDC + ~7.5 GNO (at current market price)
Recipient Address:: 0x9638530aA558c81253625d42f3018BC1544D9Dd3
Network: Gnosis Chain
Requested Payment Date: Monthly payment is preferred (4 month pilot).

Conclusion

We’ve had a great experience working with members of the Gnosis Chain team, and are enthusiastic about contributing to the larger DAO through this new media initiative. Your vote and feedback are greatly appreciated!

10 Likes

Fully in support of this proposal. As a follower of Twells at 1Hive, I can vouch for this team to deliver the best daocast content for GnosisDAO without hesitation.

And he did not mention his actual track record, but I know for a fact that he nurtured 1HTV at 1Hive with a relatively limited budget since the beginning. The details of the first phase for 1HiveTV and the performance metrics that followed could be seen in this proposal at the forum.

As a native dweller of Gnosis neighborhood, I know for a fact that we should increase our media outreach and this team is undoubtedly the best for us to give the chance with the pilot.

7 Likes

Appreciate you @mrtdlgc :pray: … 1HTV is still rolling along smoothly, and we’ve learned a lot from DAOing it with contributors including team members cited above, @itsyaboi + @Sapote!

3 Likes

Fully support this, the video linked is a very good one, especially for ppl already familiar with crypto and the gnosis chain ecosystem. Having regular updates of this kind would clearly be beneficial/welcome and worth the price. Although yt (and video/audio in general) isn’t my favorite educational format (still more used to reading) I would go watching it regularly for sure.
But one other thought I like to throw in: If it’s done to get more ppl into gnosis chain, imho it has to be a bit slower. The linked video had so many topics in short time, it really seems not possible for someone not already familiar with our ecosystem to follow. But maybe the proposed short cuts (suppose they will cover only one topic each) make this easier, especially if the tweets also includes some links for further reading.

5 Likes

Thanks for your support and feedback @refri!

re: Gnosis Chain, my team and I always read the weekly newsletter and we could easily align a portion of the show with those developments, so that highlight cuts extend messaging for top stories and link to relevant text (including back to the newsletter).

It’s also possible for a show transcript to be posted as additional content, particularly if there for folks who enjoy reading instead : )

4 Likes

More content on Gnosis chain in any shape or form, the better for the growth of the network.

4 Likes

Strong support of this proposal. @twells has proven to people how good he is with his work. The contents he prepared for 1Hive and Gnosis are in the elite category in all aspects. He also has a very dedicated working style. He does video editing, great designer, very good project manager and looks pretty good on screen. I think he is a Swiss army knife.

The context of the proposal is strong, and I believe it will increase its reach on social media. Also, it will be a great tool to bring Gnosis values to more people.

I think this proposal will make a significant impact on Gnosis.

4 Likes

Fully supporting this. I would move this proposal to Phase 2 (could have been posted directly to it) as soon as possible in order to start this asap.

4 Likes

Hey @twells
Thank you very much for this proposal! I appreciate your guys’ work and 100% support this!

3 Likes

ty for the support @Nate - if you have any content topic ideas, it’s always great to hear your perspective ser!

Really looking forward to a chance to work with you again @armog - your work on socials is :fire: :heart: !

1 Like

Right on, thanks @Mojmir - just tryin’ to follow the rules :sweat_smile:
I’ll move it to Phase 2 today.

Your support means a lot @mkoeppelmann , tyvm :pray:
We appreciate this opportunity to contribute to the DAO!

Hey, Keenan here from DXdao and the DXvoice content/marketing arm.

Not much I can add beyond what has been discussed above. @twells produces excellent and engaging content, some of if not the best in the Gnosis Chain ecosystem. He is very clearly aligned through his values/previous commitments and I would trust he is the right person to push such an initiative.

DXvoice would love to support the DAOcast in any possible way; from simply supporting this proposal, to guest hosting, and anything in between.

5 Likes

Thanks for your well-formulated post, @twells! I can also speak to the expertise put forth by the 1Hive team and T Wells. I have a few thoughts that might help distinguish the DAOcast from current communication efforts. Currently, the Gnosis Chain weekly newsletter covers updates on the GC ecosystem. The GnosisDAO biweekly governance summary is dedicated to forum updates. The GnosisDAO Community Call, which takes places once a month on Twitter Spaces, features short updates from across the Gnosis ecosystem and concludes with an interview from an external project on GC.

• The DAOcast should focus on the Gnosis Chain ecosystem to best align itself with the mandate of the GnosisDAO and avoid any unnecessary overlap with the content schedule shared above. There could be mention of relevant governance topics and general encouragement for the community to participate but keeping the scope focused on the Gnosis Chain would be the most useful approach, in my opinion.

• The DAOcast should take place once a month rather than once a week. Given that we already produce weekly content along with a monthly community call, running a weekly DAOcast could potentially flood the community with information resulting in more noise rather than the intended high-quality content proposed here.

Regardless, as others have expressed here, I’m also happy to work with T Wells and the team to find a cadence and format that works best should this proposal pass.

3 Likes

Hi @twells,

I have a few questions on the payments (ideally, we’d need you to add the replies in the proposal).

1. To which address should the payment be made?
  2. In which network is the wallet to which the payment should be made? (ideally, in Gnosis Chain)
  3. On which date should the payment be made?
  4. Which token/s should be used for the payment? (preferrably, provide several stablecoin options for us to choose from, which are already in the Gnosis treasury, such as USDC, USDT, XDAI)
2 Likes

Hi @DefiFoodie,
I will add answers to each of these questions to the proposal text, thanks for the reminder!

Many thanks @KeenanLuke - you guys are awesome and I’d love to find a way to collaborate on promoting the ecosystem!

Greenlight for me. I very much agree with the following sentence:

All public-facing DAO activities and decisions (community calls, AMA’s, forum discussions, snapshot votes, etc.) can be harnessed to generate content that amplifies the work of the community, and establish a unique narrative.

I think it would be very valuable to analyze all of this data and create a narrative that bolsters the Gnosis Chain brand as the de facto “DAO Chain” in the Web3 space. The data will probably allow us to push other narratives as well.

1 Like

Great proposal and like your work @twells ! Maybe its an idea to also have some instruction videos where people from zodiac build a small DAO, so developers also know how to leverage the Gnosis chain

1 Like