GIP-69: Should Gnosis Partner with DAOhaus to Support DAO tooling on Gnosis Chain?

authors: Bau, Spencer Graham, UI369, Boilerrat, Jekl
date: 2022-09-24
category: Grant Application
Phase-3

GIP-69: Should Gnosis Partner with DAOhaus to Support DAO tooling on Gnosis Chain?

• Let’s do this!
  • Make no changes

0 voters

Status

:white_check_mark: Click to view Live Snapshot Proposal

Phase-2 of this proposal has passed with 10 participants voting We should do this!, with zero participants voting Make no changes.

Summary

DAOhaus wants to deepen its partnership with GnosisDAO and is requesting $300k USD equivalent in stablecoins or GNO to the DAOhaus Core Contributor DAO, WarCamp.

Abstract/Description

DAOhaus provides purpose driven communities on Gnosis Chain with an open and free to use no-code platform for launching and managing their Moloch DAOs.

Based on our activity on Gnosis Chain and previous collaborations with Gnosis, DAOhaus is interested in deepening the partnership between GnosisDAO and DAOhaus by supporting initiatives to drive more activity and communities to the Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

Our goals around making DAO tooling more accessible and composable for both users and developers aligns with Gnosis’ goals to attract more users and developers to the Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

We believe Gnosis Chain enhances the cultural relevance of the Ethereum ecosystem and is comparable in cultural legitimacy to Mainnet. DAOhaus is thrilled to support and be supported by Gnosis Chain.

Motivation/Rationale

We have been referring to Gnosis Chain as the “DAO Chain” for the better part of a year, and it is safe to say that DAOhaus calls Gnosis Chain home.

We are proud contributors to the Gnosis Chain Weekly newsletter, producing a DAO of the Week piece each week and the Zodiac DAO wiki as early and ongoing contributors of DAO success patterns.

All of our core operations take place on Gnosis Chain and DAOhaus has provided DAOs on Gnosis Chain with excellent tooling, bug maintenance, support and a seamless UX - thanks to Gnosis’ high tx throughput & low costs.

DAOhaus provides pertinent subgraph infrastructure to the Gnosis Chain ecosystem, where the daohaus-xdai subgraphs [1] [2] [3] have around ~700k queries per day with no server or IP querying more than ~40k on a given day, resulting in a fairly wide distribution of DAOhaus subgraph queries!

Since 2020, DAOhaus users have created 1k+ DAOs on Gnosis Chain, onboarded 10k+ unique DAO members, submitted 40k+ proposals, and launched 700+ Gnosis Safes through the DAOhaus app. [1] [2] [3]

As of 2021, DAOhaus DAOs have had approximately $400M in total value flow through the platform.

A stablecoin or GNO grant from Gnosis DAO would increase our capacity to build more valuable tools for DAOs and ultimately bring more DAOs, users, devs, and talent into the Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

If passed, DAOhaus and Gnosis will enter into a positive and mutually reinforcing collaboration that will sustain growth across the Gnosis Chain ecosystem for years to come.

Specification

Grant funds will be allocated to three primary areas of focus, each of which supports our larger objective to bring community-first coordination tools to more human networks.

Deliverables and Activities

1. New DAO deployment tools

• Development of a Safe Summoner App - enabling multisigs to easily level up into DAOhaus v3 DAOs
  • Development of apps/tools for migrating from DAOhaus v2 to DAOhaus v3

2. Educational content for DAO users & operators

• Create docs, explainers, and tutorials for new and experienced DAO users & operators
  • Focus on common governance patterns, best practices, migration paths and more.

3. Developer advocacy, outreach, and support

To be executed by the DAOhaus developer relations (DevRel) working group

• Encourage use of the DAOhaus v3 libraries by external development teams
  • Provide active integration support & guidance to Gnosis ecosystem developers
  • Inform and execute further development of DAOhaus v3 libraries based on developer community needs
  • Fund developer grants, bounties, and/or hackathon prizes

Overview

Each of the above initiatives will support our goal of onboarding 100 new DAOs to Gnosis Chain by Q2 2023. Additionally, these activities will have the following positive impact for Gnosis:

• Provide Gnosis Safe users additional community-oriented options for governing their assets and network
  • Provide additional paths for developers to build on Gnosis Chain and Zodiac
  • Increase support for developers on Gnosis Chain

Team

This work will be conducted by Warcamp, the DAO of core contributors to DAOhaus.

This table represents the current team assembled for executing on the deliverables outlined above. Personnel changes are quick on our team and can be expected in the coming months. We offer this as a soft guideline for how we are thinking about work distribution.

Contributor Primary Role
01000011 Content / UX
adrienne Designer
Amos DevRel
Avi Designer / UX
Bau Content
Brian Developer
Christina Content
earth2travis Project Manager
Dekan Brown Developer
Jord Developer
JP Project Manager
Jeremy Tester
Keating Developer
Plor Project Manager
Santiago Developer
Sam Kuhlmann Developer
Scott Developer
Spencer Product Manager / PR
TW Documenter
UI369 DevRel

Fund Dispersal

To fund the development of the above, DAOhaus is requesting stablecoins or GNO directly to it’s core contributor compensation vault (a Safe Minion): gno:0x9Fa12b5507B43229cB5bf96A056fE77E50aA99c9.

We appreciate any feedback or support you can provide on our proposal, please feel free to leave comments in the doc or drop your feedback below!

Feedback & Long Form comments :point_down:

7 Likes

Hi @Bau - when you’re ready to move your proposal to Phase-2 where it will become a GIP with an assigned number, please update your original post instead of authoring a new one. Please refer to the Governance Tutorial for a walk-through on how to manage your post. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

4 Likes

Thank you @john_szczepaniak!

it would be great to source feedback / soft signal from members of Gnosis DAO ahead of moving to phase-2, so DAOhaus can (with a relative degree of confidence) count on members of the community supporting our proposal in phase-2.

We are looking forward to our partnership with Gnosis DAO & furthering our support in the Gnosis Chain ecosystem!

4 Likes

I’m all for this proposal. DAOhaus has been an absolute boon to the Gnosis Chain ecosystem.

5 Likes

Hi @john_szczepaniak,

I just wanted to notify you that I have moved the proposal to phase-2 in the Gnosis DAO grants process.

Please let me know if I need you need me to add the GIP-#, which I believe is #69.

4 Likes

Excited to see DAOhaus double down on Gnosis Chain! Looking forward to co-building. In favor.

3 Likes

Hi @john_szczepaniak, I wanted to provide you with an update that I have moved the proposal to phase-3 and posted the proposal to snapshot for GNO holders to vote.

Please let me know what the Gnosis Impact ConditionID is when you find the time!

Thank you & happy voting GNO holders!

1 Like