GNO Utility and Value Proposition

Thanks @StefanGeorge . I have now moved what little GNO I have to the Gnosis Safe (dogfooding et al).

Last question: Presumably the airdrop will also reward users of the protocol? If yes, is it a problem given my GNO is held in the Safe but the transactions on Cowswap were done with the Metamask wallet? If it helps, the Metamask wallet I used is one of the owners of the Safe

1 Like

This is not an issue. In case you used MetaMask to trade on CowSwap rewards are assigned to your MetaMask wallet.

1 Like

So the fact that I have transactions AND I hold GNO is not relevant?

I thought maybe holding GNO might be a criteria for trading rewards as well (to filter out bots). Oh well. Thanks for the quick response

2 Likes

If I just put $GNO in the metamask of the Ethereum network, will I be eligible for airdrops?

2 Likes

Does the number of our holdings affect the receipt of airdrop tokens?

1 Like

great idea to reward your community

1 Like

Hello, can you clarify), if I keep GNO tokens on the Ethereum network on my wallet, do I get a distribution or do they need to be transferred to the XDAI network? And the drop will depend on the amount of GNO on the wallet?

2 Likes
  1. To recent questions here on holding on metamask there are some good answers provided above. My understanding is holding GNO on metamask Ethereum mainnet or GBC/Gnosis Chain/xDAI Chain will work to get the benefit of coming airdrops. More information will be published soon, particularly around the optional 1 year lock to get additional COW. Having said that it is recommended to hold on GBC/Gnosis Chain/xDAI Chain if planning to become, post locking, a validator and stake GNO, because the locking contract will be upgradable by the Gnosis DAO. So it could potentially upgrade the contract to allow for users to stake. And if it does, this would probably only work for GNO locked on Gnosis Chain.
  2. Those that decided to run a validator for GBC already staking, will also be included (they will get the regular amount + the extra amount from the lock)
6 Likes

Yes, of course, mainnet and GC both work.

1 Like

The airdrops will be proportional to the number of GNO held.

4 Likes

I have LP tokens staked in Sushi’s farm contract. Do I need to unstake on Jan 9? @ernst

2 Likes

It is a bit confusing.
How can I stake my GNO ideally on Genosis Chain for 1 year?

Do I need a full GNO or will a fraction of a GNO make me eligible for a (smaller) CowSwap airdrop?

My understanding is fraction is fine

if I keep GNO tokens on the Ethereum network on my wallet, do I get a distribution or do they need to be transferred to the XDAI network?

Ethereum network is just fine to be eligible for the airdrop.

And the drop will depend on the amount of GNO on the wallet?

AFAIK, yes.

So that saying snapshot will be made at midnight of 9th means “until 23:59 of 8th” or “until 23:59 of 9th”? I mean if I buy some GNO on the 9th at afternoon will I still be eligible or I have to buy it until the beginning of the day? @ernst

I would like to commit to holding GNO for 1 year in order to get part of the dedicated portion of the airdrop for that.

What is the simplest way for me to do that? I have my GNO currently in a Metamask wallet on Ethereum and don’t have a Gnosis Safe yet.

2 Likes

我在metmask持有GNO,难道什么也不操作,只等快照就可以了吗

what is address symmetric platform? :ok_hand:

https://xdai.symmetric.exchange/#/swap