Gnosis on Wikipedia

Hi - I’m new round here but been a fan of prediction markets since they were first mooted many years ago. Surprised there is no Wikipedia page for Gnosis. I would create one but being new don’t see myself doing a good job of it. How about anyone else ?

1 Like

We actually just tried to submit an entry for Gnosis. It was denied by Wikipedia as they deemed it to be promotional material. We’ll keep trying! Gnosis has since evolved from it’s initial focus on building a prediction market platform. Check out our recent blog post on the Gnosis roadmap here and thanks for stopping by the forum! We also have an active community on Discord, please stop by and say hello.

might be it sounds like this…do you mind to post the text here for public discussion?

edit: maybe we should start first by adding gc to List of blockchains - Wikipedia and make an entry for gc a few weeks later, after that continuing to try to make a whole article about Gnosis.

4 Likes

That’s a great suggestion.

Here’s the copy for the Wikipedia entry that was denied. Feel free to leave comments or suggest alternative copy.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Will go through it in a bit more depth but my first impression: no one not familiar with crypto will get much knowledge from this. It should be written to be understandable for a newbie…not aware what consensys or ethereum (therefore at least links are necessary). And names shouldn’t be mentioned in the first place better to describe in detail what it’s about before.

Anyway, getting us to the list of blockchains seems a worthwhile first step, but it seems not as easy as I thought. Although I did some writing for wikipedia before I am not able to edit the list cause I haven’t registered (which is necessary, also to do some editing of other articles afterwards) before you are allowed to edit this table (special restrictions cause of crypto). If someone else here already is allowed to do it would be great, otherwise I will try to achieve the role within the next weeks.

2 Likes

Consensys has a wikipedia entry up. I was able to edit the post to include info about Gnosis under the ICO section.

3 Likes