GnosisDAO & Gnosis Chain Monthly Comms Update

GnosisDAO & Gnosis Chain Comms Update / February 2023

TL;DR

Greetings, everyone! As the comms team for GnosisDAO and Gnosis Chain, we are pleased to share with you a summary of our activities during the month of February. This document provides a comprehensive overview of the content we shared over the course of the month, along with a breakdown of our social media following, community events, and key highlights.

Additionally, we have included a brief summary of our plans for the upcoming month. Please feel free to review the report at your leisure and don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or feedback you may have.

Topics

• Key stats & numbers
  • Achievements
  • Next Month Plan
  • Community Feedback

Key stats & numbers - Feb 1-28, 23

Achievements

• What’s Next?

As we move into March, one topic that is of great significance is the Shapella Upgrade. At Gnosis Chain, we are working diligently to prepare for the withdrawal process, and we look forward to sharing all the details with you as they become available.

In addition to this, we will also be keeping you updated on several other exciting developments. These include the forthcoming Balancer integration, the announcement of DappCon, and Nimbus and Erigon’s support of Gnosis Chain as a client. We are also actively working on building the at-home staker community and advancing our Ethereumverse concept.

As always, we remain committed to keeping our community informed and engaged, and we look forward to sharing more updates with you in the weeks to come.

• Highlighted topics

• DappCon 23
    • Balancer Integration
    • GNO Withdrawals Process
    • Ethereumverse
    • Client Diversity

• Community Feedback

Please share your feedback on this post. Join us for the next GnosisDAO Community Call on March 9th at 4PM UTC / 5PM CET on the GnosisDAO Twitter Spaces.

See you on-chain, Gnosis Chain Comms Team

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing this data @armog !

I am leaning towards merging the 2 discords (migrating GnosisDAO → Gnosis Chain discord). Would be curious about input on that.

3 Likes

I think that makes a lot of sense and would simplify things.

2 Likes

We’ve discussed this internally and also curious what others think. IMO it makes a lot of sense.

We have received mixed feedback. Some feel that it will create confusion and we will end up losing community members. Others feel that the GnosisDAO Discord functions as an important source of information regarding governance.

Having one unified Discord will make it easier for community members to stay up-to-date and maintain a high-level overview of the Gnosis Chain + Gnosis ecosystem. It will also help to signal how established and extensive Gnosis is.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing these stats. Very useful!
I’m fairly new to GnosisDAO and would like to know who the Communications team consists of. I also couldn’t find a GIP to sponsor the Communications team. Are you a Gnosis Builders member? When did GnosisDAO made the decision to employ you and entrust you with Gnosis (Chain) accounts?

I think it makes sense, I think it is more confusing for new users to join the Gnosis discord for a Gnosis chain question and they learn that they have to join another discord server for Gnosis chain.

1 Like

Thanks for the data, great to see all the activities.

And my opinion regarding merge of the two discords: I would appreciate this very much, and if the channels are build appropriately it should still be possible to separate the different topics to avoided confusion.

Maybe it’s easier to merge the chain channel to the Dao channel. We could just merge into it to the #Gnosis-chain channel keeping the structure as subchannels?
The redundancy that comes with this can
be cleared over time once we see which subchannels are really used.

4 Likes

Hi Refri thanks for your comments. The Gnosis Chain discord is the more active of the two so it makes sense to keep it intact while migrating the GnosisDAO server.

1 Like

Hi ZoeMung - the comms team consists of @armog, @D0SH, and myself (John). We are contributors of the GnosisDAO and part of the Gnosis team. The Gnosis Builders are a separate, external team tasked with growing the Gnosis Chain ecosystem. We were hired by the Gnosis core team. This is why you cannot locate a GIP about our work - the comms team did not author a GIP to seek support for our work. We are contracted by Gnosis core. I hope that answers your questions!

1 Like

How can I subscribe to the Validator Newsletter?

1 Like

try this link https://gnosisvalidator.substack.com/

1 Like