GnosisDAO proposal spam on Snapshot

There’s been a recent influx of spam proposals on the GnosisDAO Snapshot space. It looks like the team has been on top of hiding them quickly, but when I look at my notifications, there have been 38 spam proposals from the past six days alone. Most of them were repetitive. Screenshots of some of the notifications are below.

Can something be done about this? I get a little excited when I see a new GnosisDAO proposal, and it’s disappointing to see that they’re just spam. :frowning:

3 Likes

easiest should be to implement a requirement of holding some amount of GNO. And cause every snapshot vote should have been discussed in the forum before, ppl who, for whatever reason don’t have this amount, can get some delegated (hope this will be recognized as holding) to set up the vote after discussion. Imo holding 10 GNO (or even less?) should be enough to prevent most of the spam.
Another possibility would be to restrict it to whitelisted addresses, but I would prefer the former.

edit: seems we have a 1GNO limit right now, cause this is not enough I would like to increase it to 10 and if spam is still ongoing to 100 and maybe even further after that.

3 Likes

GIP-77 proposes to deal with spam on Snapshot by:

1. Modify the criteria for users to post proposals to the GnosisDAO’s snapshot space.
  2. Accounts holding ≥ 1 GNO can create a proposal (current).
  3. Add some trusted moderators that have the ability to remove posts that they deem to be low-quality. (new)
  4. Proposals with less than < 1,000 GNO of vote-weight cast for or abstain are filtered from the main view. (new)
2 Likes