How would we go about adding Gnosis Chain to Rotki?

As an avid Gnosis Chain and Rotki user, I’m appalled to see that I cannot use Rotki, the Open Source, privacy-respecting portfolio tracker, for my assets in Gnosis Chain.
I’m opening this post to gather sentiment about providing a bounty or a grant for the Rotki team to integrate support for Gnosis Chain and maintain it as swiftly as possible.
I would also like the Rotki team to make a quick assessment of what would that work take in order to start moving towards a Grant or Bounty creation.

17 Likes

I 100% agree this would have value. As an end user, it’s easier to invest my time in chains that integrate with the most commonly used tools.
An integration here would be very beneficial.

5 Likes

What i understand that…
To add Gnosis Chain to Rotki, we need to:

1. Make sure Rotki and Gnosis Chain are compatible.
  2. Connect your Gnosis Chain wallet to Rotki.
  3. Import Gnosis Chain data into Rotki.
  4. Configure Rotki to show Gnosis Chain information.
  5. Check the accuracy of the imported data.
  6. Keep updating the information regularly.

I hope this info helps you.

1 Like

We have already asked for a grant from gnosis chain builders through their form. No response yet. If you would like to see Gnosis chain integrated into rotki please make some noise here or in the discord or wherever else is required.

11 Likes

I fully support this. Rotki is a valuable addition to the ecosystem that allows users to protect their privacy and own their own data rather than using one of the centralized alternatives out there.

Judging by the comments in the validators channel on Discord, many individual node operators are using DAppNodes. The Rotki package is already available in the DAppStore, so adding support for Gnosis Chain would be a helpful addition.

We should fund this grant.

6 Likes

I recently took a dive in the codebase, but its very well written!! I learn a lot from it :slight_smile:
Also the accounting tools in Rotki could become very valuable when Gnosis Chain becomes more and more a payments chain with the oly and monerium integration.
So fully supportive and hopefully a proposal and snapshot is coming soon!

4 Likes

Rotki the accounting tool has already integrated Eth staking on the main Ethereum chain, and it works well for accounting for validation and proposing rewards, and all that. Can even generate a Profit & Loss report needed for tax accounting.

With Gnosis Chain being the only other EVM chain with a full Execution layer / Consensus layer architecture, and already having done the MERGE on Gnosis chain, Rotki can likely roll that same capability in to support for Gnosis Chain.

With Gnosis Chain having 110k+ validators, the demand for such straightforward accounting support, from a privacy-first, open source, local-storage tool like Rotki, should be high among Gnosis Chain validators.

Finally, Rotki seems to have an easy time of integrating EVM-compatible blockchains. Gnosis DAO would benefit our ecosystem by supporting adding Gnosis Chain support to Rotki with a grant for development, in order to get this free open source tool available to all Gnosis Chain users who want accounting help with lotsa blockchain transactions.

5 Likes

I think this integration would go a long way to show additional support for self-hosted infrastructure in the ecosystem. As mentioned above, dapp node runners that are validators on Gnosis Chain would find a lot of utility from this as deploying Rotki there is quite easy.

4 Likes

karpatkey is fully in support of rotki’s grant application to include the Gnosis Chain in its supported blockchains. As a privacy-focused portfolio tracker, rotki has already proven to be a valuable tool for many DeFi users.

rotki prioritizes user privacy and offers powerful accounting tools, such as generating Profit & Loss reports, necessary for tax accounting. Integration with the Gnosis Chain would enable rotki to provide users with an even more comprehensive view of their crypto holdings while retaining full ownership of their data, as it’s a local application and its base version will always remain opensource and free to use. rotki’s ability to decode blockchain information simplifies creating a clear log of past transactions, differentiating transfers from rewards claims, staking, liquidity provision, and more.

It would be an excellent addition to the Gnosis Chain ecosystem, making significant strides in supporting privacy and ownership within the ecosystem.

9 Likes

I support rotki’s grant application. Rotki would be a useful and valuable addition to the Gnosis ecosystem.

Tax accounting can be one of the biggest headaches for DeFi users. To continue growing Gnosis’s ecosystem and userbase, tools that simplify this process will be essential to providing a good user experience. rotki helps by tracking users’ profit-and-loss, historical net worth, and other important financials.

Furthermore, unlike most solutions, rotki runs locally and doesn’t require you to give your data to a centralized third party, protecting your privacy and data ownership. This would improve the experience of Gnosis users, while providing a valuable piece of open-source, locally-hosted, privacy-preserving infrastructure.

7 Likes

would love to see Gnosis Chain integrated into Rotki, especially as an individual that values privacy!

3 Likes

Please give Rotki a grant so that Gnosis Chain txn can be properly taxed around the world :pray:. This will save a lot of people so much work

3 Likes

Fully in support of adding Gnosis to rotki, give them a grant! :slight_smile:

1 Like