Issue with Ethereum logins

We are currently investigating an odd issue with the OIDC provider, which allows to validate log-ins through Ethereum wallets.

We’ll post updates here in this thread.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

DevOps Team

1 Like

Some updates, we are testing this new plugin for Ethereum logins: https://github.com/spruceid/discourse-siwe-auth

it removes any dependency on OIDC providers, enabling fully signature-based logins.

As soon as we finish testing the plugin, which is installed on a separate forum instance, running on the latest version of Discourse (v3.1.0-beta3), we’ll proceed with a communication for a scheduled upgrade.

Thank you!

Hello everyone :sun_with_face:

we have configured and enabled a new plugin for Ethereum logins (through wallets like Metamask) which removes any dependency on a 3rd party OIDC provider.

Please let us know in this thread if you experience issues.

Thank you,
DevOps Team

hm… at least for me when I click on “Sign-in with Ethereum” in an incodnito mode browser nothing happens and I just get this error on the command line:

Mixed Content: The page at ‘Gnosis’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure favicon ‘http://forum.gnosis.io/uploads/default/optimized/2X/8/8259355b7e8b84010a27fd503ef2dd2372c52ac6_2_32x32.png’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
siwe-auth-index.js:41 Modal closed by user

Thank you for reporting, we’ll look into the issue and provide an update to this thread

IDK if this is related but I have a Gnosis Forum account that I used via login-with-Ethereum and I haven’t logged in for quite a while. Now when logging in via my wallet, it asked me for an email that I added. I expected the forum to just add it as a setting to my existing account but instead it seemed to have created a new account (the one from which I am writing right now). Is there any chance I can log back into my original account?
I see that the new account has the existing one listed as Associated Account, it says SIWE scbuergel.eth.
My new account is

and the old one is

Hi @scbuergel.eth thank you for reporting the issue with the Siwe Ethereum Login, please give us the time to properly analyse the issue and provide a resolution.

Thank you

@scbuergel.eth @SCBuergel we did some manual migrations hopefully they can work, please try to log into the forum using the ethereum login, you should be pointed to the account for @SCBuergel

2 Likes