Lending markets on GNOSIS Chain and GNO as collateral

Almost 2 months have passed since Agave was closed, unfortunately this resulted in a worse user experience. Agave was the only lending market where you could borrow efficiently against your GNO collateral. All the other lending markets (spark+aave) only offer isolated markets where you have a very low LTV (Around 30%), you can’t borrow tokens like WBTC/ETH etc. and can only borrow stables.

It makes absolutely no sense that one of the most liquid assets on GNO chain has one of the worst lending markets.

I therefore suggest that we start the immediate procedures to improve the lending market situation.

5 Likes

I agree that theses limitations are annoying,

Also not all stablecoins are available in the isolated market of GNO. EURe is not available, and it’s the only currency usable with Gnosis Card :credit_card:

3 Likes

Having been a gnosis user for over 3 years now,

Agave’s closure makes the borrowing market experience difficult for the user, I agree with your post, the gnosis ecosystem and the platforms present on Gnosis (AAVE + spark) should collaborate together to fluidify and make much more available and liquid the assets on the gnosis chain, particularly the GNO.

2 Likes

@Wunderbernd you are certainly right - the Spark/Aave situation has not been great. However - I think things are finally improving.

From what I understood GNO will be removed from isolation mode. Hopefully also the LTV ratio will improve.

3 Likes