Migrating xMoons to Arbitrum Nova

Hi all. I wish to migrate xMOONs on XDAI that I purchased on HoneySwap to Reddit’s official currency. I’ve attempted to use the Reddit’s Community Points Bridge but their Discord support is lousy. After connecting the Metamask wallet and attempting step #2 Switch to Reddit Test Network it says “This network is not available in your Metamask, please add it”. I confirm I’m using the network Arbitrum Nova. I thought I’d try people with experience on Gnosis this end to see if anyone has any ideas. Any tips?

Hi smpl - You can add Arbitrum here; Arbitrum One RPC and Chain settings | Chainlist but please note that its Arbitrum One and not Nova. I found this link about adding Arbitrum Nova to Metamask https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/wkqgja/arbitrum_nova_and_metamask_update/

Also please note that there have been some reported issues with the Moon <> xMoon bridge.

1 Like

I bought Moon just after the news came out that it was moving to Arbitrum Nova. I have been trying to find a way to move this investment. What burns me is I had no idea it was moving but I made an investment. A month later I went to swap at market value and I couldn’t. These coins have value and all I did was miss the news, which given this market is literally next to impossible to keep up with. All I want to do is move it to Gnossis. How can this window be so short that a few months later there is no way to buy it. I fairly bought the Gnossis version at a fair price and now I have nothing. I feel like this kind of thing happens more than none. I own a lot of different coins and my whoe strategy is based on finding GEMs like xMoon. Cant anything be done so I can get my xMoon moves to Nova. Its not right that because it moved I lose. I appreciate any help. I’m guessing I cant do anyhting and my investment went to zero but why is it still being SOLD on Gnossis if I cant move it? This is super frustrating and costly. Thanks for any advice. I’m not trying to be a pain but this is money and in any other money system we could swap back.

Hi Makktl - I understand your frustration. xMoons has always been a community-run project. It looks like the xMoons bridge was deprecated about 6 months ago. https://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/10srtbi/the_moons_bridge_to_arbitrum_nova_has_been/

I also found this reddit post to be helpful Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Thanks John for your reply and time you took to look for resources. I think the hardest part is if I invest in a couple dozen projects staying on top of developments that could turn an investment which costs cold hard cash to then days later be worth zero even though you bought the tokens. Generally these windows are open for much longer? I love crypto but this stinks. So I bought Gnossis moons at the wrong time I guess? I mean why allow more people to spend money on that contract if its dead? If you are moving off a chain then don’t sell them to anyone? Anyway thanks for replying. The worst part is we don’t have to just worry about nefarious actors who want to rip you off, in some cases changes to project code end up being against you. This is messed up and unfortunately undermines the whole idea of crypto, its democractic and its immutable so they argue it doesn’t change, meanwhile. End result is you invest and get nothing back, no immutability, democracy or decentralization because there was a chain change, so this is like forking to Nova and lots of data is moved, meanwhile new investment in PO. Best, M