Necromorfo's Criptorock Tour: UPDATES

Hello again Gnosis Community!
Last week, we started the first date of the Criptorock Tour. As part of our transparency efforts we wanted to check in with a thread that will cover different updates around the tour. We also want to remind you that we’re constantly updating the following platforms, where you can follow the tour’s highlights and accounting:

These are the done dates so far:

:white_check_mark: San Luis Potosi

:white_check_mark: Monterrey

:white_check_mark: Torreón

:white_check_mark: Zacatecas

• Happening atm :slight_smile:

We thank you again for your support for making this possible!

8 Likes

Criptorock Tour Conclusions

Hello again Gnosis community! I apologize for being late on the last updates. As soon as we came back from the tour we jumped on ETH Mexico and didn’t have much time available, so we’re happy to finally share the following updates with you:

:white_check_mark: Aguascalientes

This gig was particularly amazing. Performances were in a pool and we also found Bobby. Bobby became a supporting musician of Necromorfo and a miracle facilitator that was of great help in many cities of the remaining of the tour. Regarding web3, he pretty much went from zero to understanding DAO governance systems and basic concepts of tokenomics in a week, so he’s one of the most exciting storylines around the tour.

:white_check_mark: Leon

:white_check_mark: Guadalajara

:white_check_mark: Toluca

:white_check_mark: Puebla

After an amazing show, we had a great experience the next morning participating in Cryptotalks Puebla organized by the local community and FRQTAL. Here, the bands had the chance to talk about their experiences in the tour and their impressions about how web3 can make an impact by empowering music communities around the world.

SHORT CLIP FROM PUEBLA SHOW

:white_check_mark: Querétaro

:white_check_mark: Mexico City

This was a very unique and special conclusion to an awesome experience. Before opening doors there was a mindblowing line of people going around the block!

SHORT CLIP FROM MEXICO CITY SHOW

:negative_squared_cross_mark: What happened to Chiapas?

Due to different reasons we came down to the decision of cancelling both San Cristobal and Comitán shows. The biggest issues were three:

• Gas expenses: We originally estimated gas to be running on a 4-cylinder van, however the model that we got had a 6-cylinder Toyota engine that, even though ran pretty smoothly and safe, had a higher consumption than originally planned. Chiapas being a 12-hour drive was a risk that we didn’t want to take in the end since we had no warranty of getting income that would allow us to pay everyone involved plus the travel expenses there and back.
  • Ticketing income: We counted on having a minimum of ticket sales, however audiences really took advantage of the deal for early arrivals where people that took the onboarding sessions could get in the show for free.
  • Personal situation: From a more personal perspective, the day after the Guadalajara gig I received sad news about the tragic passing of a close friend. During the following days I counted on the valuable support of the different participants in the project, who were amazing at being there and making sure everything ran smoothly as I was distracted with mourning. Chiapas, however, was a commitment where my role had much more responsibility that I found untransferable, so focusing on my mental and emotional health I made the call of rescheduling those dates (I’ll get back to what I mean by rescheduling in a bit). I’m thankful for the much-needed support I relied on during those tough days, and I assume full responsibility over this decision.

Rockoboy, Pajaros Vampiro, The Froys & other local bands

One of the acomplished goals that made us really happy was that we compensated every show in xDai. Bands were also introduced to Suarmi as a quick off-ramp solution to mexican pesos.
Rockoboy and Pajaros Vampiro have commited to start minting POAPs for their shows. They also have participated in ETH Mexico side events as speakers sharing their experiences and first approaches to web3 as the answer to many challenges independent musicians face.

Some expenses we had to pass on

You’ll find the budget report has final numbers, however after Guadalajara we had to re-adjust some of these to be able to finish the tour with what we had.
Among the expenses we had to pass are:

• Necromorfo’s fees and food expense support for:
    • Toluca
    • Puebla
    • Querétaro
    • Mexico City
  • Chuy’s tour management fee

These overexpenses are also due to the fact that we couldn’t secure a second sponsor in time, so general adjustments were made and to make it happen we had to cut down costs even more.

Join the community! Get some Necromorfo swag!

We are starting the marketplace we’ve been talking about for Necromorfo and Criptorock Tour swag. This will help support the band with their expenses and plans to move to Mexico City. If you have some experience building something similar make sure you reach out to @Erminio.
Who knows? If you get some Necromorfo swag, one day you might get a $NECRO airdrop :wink:

The Documentary

Something that makes us particularly excited is that we’ll be able to share all of the tour’s adventures and adoption experiments through the feature-length documentary that Pablo Celaya and his collective, Cachora Films, are putting together.
This will be HUGE since we can start submitting these stories to different film festivals (even include a POAP for each screening!) as a film executive-produced by GnosisDAO. As far as I know this hasn’t happened before :slight_smile:
Pablo also put together this photo album to share some of the tour moments. These are actually stills from the documentary footage so you can get a glimpse of the tone & feel :slight_smile:

Necromorfo presence in ETH Mexico

Two weeks after the tour, @adriel and @erminio put a team together for participating in the ETH Mexico hackathon, where they came up with Shilo -a music streaming platform- and won the Lens Protocol API Bounty. This is the first effort of the band getting involved in hackathons, something we definitely want to keep exploring in the near future.

What’s next?

It was a crazy month on many lessons, but we’re proud of the result we achieved and the conversations around web3 we ignited among the Necromorfo fan community across Mexico. We always saw this tour as the first phase of a long-term project that will initiate a micro-economy around culture as a public good, and we couldn’t be happier to have the support of the Gnosis Community. As we move forward, we want to take this knowledge to other places, so we’ll be working on a special proposal for next year:

Criptorock Tour 2023: Southeast Mexico

where we’ll cover different communities both new and with experience in web3, having a chance to attend cities like:

• Puebla, Puebla (yes, we gotta go back!)
  • Oaxaca, Oaxaca
  • Juchitán, Oaxaca
  • Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas
  • San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
  • Comitán, Chiapas
  • Chetumal, Quintana Roo
  • Tulum, Quintana Roo
  • Cancún, Quintana Roo
  • Mérida, Yucatán
  • Campeche, Campeche
  • Villahermosa, Tabasco
  • Veracruz, Veracruz
  • Xalapa, Veracruz
  • Mexico City (we can’t miss this one either!)

Our map is looking kindof like this crazy experience:

Beyond the tours

We’re still on the same road: build and experiment in web3. We want to fork the Commons Stack framework around Necromorfo and its community, bringing in people from all over the world to participate. This is where our path leads, but first we want to educate the band’s community into web3. We want to let both fans and independent musicians know that they don’t have to “invest” anything, but on the contrary, being fans has already a ton of value and they can bring that value in as they learn.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. We’ll be in touch to share the next steps for the Necromorfo project overall and we’ll be glad to keep having you on board for what comes next. Thanks for making the music happen Gnosis Community!

5 Likes