Should Gnosis Dao change its communication way?

Summary

The current governance process documentation is rather difficult to navigate for any average DAO member. And I want to simplify that using Syncvote (this is a product I am building) - the platform specifically designed to streamline workflows, facilitate decision-making, and ensure that every member’s input is considered.

Problems:

As a new member learning about Gnosis governance process and wanting to make new proposal to the DAO, I find that the governance process is written in a lengthy document without any visualization, which makes it hard for DAO members to have a quick, concise overview of the process in the shortest amount of time.

Solution:

I aim to transition from this lengthy and tedious text to more intuitive workflows, like the picture below.

Next Step

I propose to use our redesigned workflow as the official governance process document.

1. Replace governance process docs by Syncvote’s redesign workflow (Syncvote <> Gnosis). To be specific, the governance process will be put with a hyperlink to the workflow. When community members click to this thread, it will lead them to Syncvote interface.
  2. Put the text and link in Governance Guide in Discord

Conclusion:

The goal of this proposal is to improve the governance experience of the Gnosis’s community members. I fully respected the current governance process and did not make any change to it.

For me personally, I’ve been joining hundred of DAOs since I start develop Syncvote and I find Gnosis team is an active and welcoming team, that’s why I would like to do my contribution to improve Gnosis community.

I would also be happy to update the workflow if there’s anything mismatched or missing; or transfer the editor right for you anytime.

3 Likes

I think this could make a great contribution inside the documentation of the Gnosis governance.

I tried to create some Syncvote Flow for our governance project but I run into some issue with

Error
new row violates row-level security policy for table "workflow_version"

Maybe I can reach out to you per dm? And one last question, what export functions are there to integrte syncvote into documentation platforms / websites?

Thank mate for your comment.
Feel free to reach me via discord, my ID is como4723

Have you logged in? Try to refresh, if it still doesnt work, pls reach me via discord

Thanks for your post @como! This looks like a great dashboard and tool, however my sense is that asking users to navigate to another platform outside of Discourse will result in even greater confusion/voter apathy. Voters are already required to use two platforms (Discourse + Snapshot), introducing a third is a tall ask, in my opinion.

It would be great to see builders working with Discourse templates - as far as I know, the platform can be customized.

1 Like