Should GnosisDAO upgrade governance platforms?
A governance platform with more capabilities than GnosisDAO current processes will allow this community to get more done and inevitably grow the Gnosis ecosystem. I am proposing that Gnosis move their governance activities to Commonwealth where this community will be given more tools to govern GnosisDAO. The major changes are as follows:
- Organize all of the community activities that GnossisDAO does to increase efficiency and expand higher community engagement rates into more areas of governance. I.e.: bucket all hiring activities, discussions, Gnosis Improvement Proposals, prediction specific discussions, etc. into unique channels.
- Create a community fund built into the governance platform where Gnosis community members can invest in projects that they determine to benefit the Gnosis ecosystem.
- Efficiently reach more of the community and expose more on-chain, off-chain, and member data to allow the entire community to make informed decisions.
Commonwealth isn’t just a governance interface, it has the capabilities to become the decentralized hub for all of the community activities taking place within Gnosis. Commonwealth is already doing this with a couple other decentralized communities.
Key Feature Upgrades:
- Crypto-native discourse with an integration to Snapshot voting, staking dashboard and other new features to GnosisDAO’s governance.
- In-depth transparency & analytics for both thread activity and profiles. Profile transparency includes forum activity history, past votes, and more.
- On-chain integrated governance dashboard built specifically for decentralized communities. Everyone can receive notifications if they want to and Commonwealth can integrate with Discord and other channels.
Build a testnet on the Commonwealth platform and get the Commonwealth team to build any custom features that the community wants to see in our new governance forum. Once that’s done the existing forum data would be migrated over to Commonwealth.