Should GnosisDAO use more cowbell?

My fellow gnosis holders and validators… I am writing this proposal to bring awareness the the many gnosis holders and validators that may have missed the recent CoWswap airdrop. As we all know crypto and defi investing is a very fast moving space where we are actively DDing new investments, maintaining current investments, and trying to forget past rugs. It is nearly impossible to maintain a core member level of awareness to every project we invest in. Needless to say our financial investments are still a crucial role in the ecosystem that hold their own value. This value was called upon the GNO DAO to seed fund the project that is CoWDAO. In return CoWDAO decided to grace us all with a meaningful airdrop on their token launch. I personally am similar to a cow in the sense that my small brain missed the 6 week deadline to claim my tokens. I have a feeling that there are many other members from our community that also missed this deadline. However, due to our intial funding of CoWDAO, GNO holds a 10% stake in CoW that would be a meaningful influence in a CoW proposal to extend deadline or retroactively airdrop to us holders that missed airdrop. I am not aware of the actual numbers of what percent of us missed this drop, so I would like to use this opportunity to ask our community how many of us missed the deadline and see what we would like to do as a 10% holder. I could be the only low IQ cow amongst us but I would like to remind everyone that I have over 1.2M mastery on Alistar and peaked plat in 2019 so I know a thing or two about being a cow.

All jokes aside please signal in this poll if you also missed airdrop and if it meaningful enough for you to support pursuing a joint GNO proposal within CoWDAO. If you are not sure i will post airdrop excel sheet in the GNO discord for you to check.

• Missed CoW Airdrop deadline and support pursuing joint CoW proposal
  • 200IQ DeFi master and Ive never missed an airdrop

0 voters

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see how many missed out on the airdrop.

1 Like

Sorry that you missed the deadline to claim your airdrop, but on the other hand you got to consider the point of view of probably most people who followed and contributed actively to the launch of the Cow DAO…

Would it be fair to change the rules for some people who most likely were not following at all the project? (Some of the people who complain right now never posted on the Discord before and never participated in making the Cow DAO happening…), for people who missed all the announcements about the airdrop and governance launch, all the tweets, etc… and these people most likely only heard about $COW when it started to be traded yesterday and then some influencers spoke about it and they found out they had missed the airdrop claim as they were not following the project at all.

Cowswap has made tens of announcements and a lot of tweet and articles about the airdrop and the claiming process, I personally haven’t seen any active people in the community missing the 6 weeks claiming window and I think that’s the most important. A lot of project had such time-limited claiming process and sometimes a lot more shorter than 6 weeks (just look at Dexguru in few hours who will release a NFT for their DAO that will only be mintable for 3 days, among many others…).

From the Cow DAO perspective I doubt most of those people can be seen as helpful for the DAO as they’re mostly just expecting free tokens without the efforts of following and contributing to the project.

Ultimately, this is crypto, if you don’t pay attention enough you will miss some opportunities like this is the case here for some people, this should probably be used as a lesson and motivation for those people who missed out here to find other opportunities and be a lot more pro active and following the projects they like closely and to contribute.

2 Likes

I think whats fair is what the majority votes in the proposals, which is why I am asking the community how much of us missed the airdrop. ultimately this is a dao and whatever the majority of the community wants is what we get so i understand your point but if the polls show a majority of us missed the drop and we choose to use our stake to vote for a change in policy then you are welcome to vote against it but please dont try to silence the discussion with anecdotal comparisons to some random project that also used a short time frame. Let the people voice their feelings and let them vote accordingly to their stake in the project.

would you mind releasing the percent of GNO holders that claimed drop?

I understand your points and yes, I agree that airdrop should be for members who have an active participation.

From my side, one of the main reasons why I locked all of my 40 GNO until 15 Feb 2023 was to signal my trust in the roadmap of Gnosis and last but not least receive the airdrops. And I know this hasn’t nothing to do with the airdrop, but I am also trying to set up a brand new avado to become a Gnosis validator node because I want to give my contribution to GBC decentralization (and no, I wasn’t able to get a GNO bundle probably because with wife and 3 kids I am not such an “active user”).

How about users who sold their airdrop as soon as they could, should it be considered positively in terms of involvement?

But the fact is, I missed the announcement and like me tons of other user did. So now I am considered like a non-active participants? I also check regularly this forum and missed any news also here.

On Cowswap Twitter account I can see 2 tweets, the 11 of February and the 24 of March.

I am not saying that there should have been a big airdrop campaign, but this is not “a lot of tweets” and that’s why many people missed it. And from Gnosis Twitter: 0 tweets. It looks like there were no clear intention of letting people know there was a timeline, personally i didn’t even know the airdrop has started. I think communication from the team could definitely improve.

What’s the point in having a time-limited airdrop? Major protocols like Uniswap, DyDx, ENS are still claimable. And a question, what will be done with the unclaimed vCOW?

Will be interesting to know the percent of claims (thank you @alistarmain and @blumenthol for the question).

I am sure I am missing something, and I am glad to listen to more points.

1 Like

If you locked your GNO you will still receive the tokens for the GNO locking program, according to their 4 years linear vesting, so you will still get some “free” COW tokens in the end…

About Gnosis, it was clearly said that Cow Protocol would “fly on their own” independently from Gnosis and people were asked to follow what Cowswap does/go on their social medias if they wanted to follow and contribute to the project…

For the rest we all have IRL problems and are sometimes busy in our lives, I’ve also missed opportunities and few airdrop because I was busy and/or not paying attention enough, this is something that happens in crypto you just gotta accept it and move to the next opportunity and try to keep up/be active as much as possible or you will miss out a lot.

2 Likes

you are not the dictator of what we need to accept let the peoples voices be heard that invest in GNO

1 Like

I would like to add to your point that supporting gnosis chain and validating/ securing gno network is in the best interest of CowSwap to support us… @Chim9 acts like our efforts in gno do not directly benefit Cowswap and just because he focuses on moderating cowswap (which possibly a paid for position? feel free to correct) that we do not equally add to their ecosystem.

1 Like

I am questioning the intention of the airdrop at this point

1 Like

I can understand your deception even more as you held some GNO tokens apparently (if I understood well) but I don’t know, from my point of view, it’s a bit too easy to put all the blame on others. I’ve also missed tons of opportunities in crypto myself, but I try my best to move on and get valuable lessons out of it instead…

I’m just giving out my point of view (and probably the point of view of a lot of people who followed and contributed to the project - which we have seen on CowSwap server too from members who have been there for a very long time - while you joined it 2 days ago), that’s harsh to call me “dictator” for that just because I don’t share your point of view, the point of a governance forum is also to confront our point of views and discuss…And yeah I have the “Cowmunity star” role on CowSwap’s server as a bunch of other active and helping members of the cowmunity and no this is not “paid” and that’s not nice to question the sincerity of my point of view based on that.

Anyway it seems like I am so far the only person who took time to answer your post here while not having missed the airdrop/having contributed to CowSwap, I’m not sure others will be that interested in reading or commenting about what you’re suggesting here as they’re probably happy about how the airdrop was carried out. So yeah consider my messages as a way to have here a different point of view than yours rather than seing it as “hostile”.

And, that being said, I don’t think that I will have more to add here in this discussion, on that, I’m wishing you good luck for the future!

3 Likes

I’m in the Gnosis ecosystem since the ico in 2017, and I’m still holding the initial investment since then, sincerely in February I checked the “Step to step guide for claiming vcow”, reported below (1), on Medium that was published on 11 February about claiming vcow, but there wasn’t any deadline for claiming reported in it. So I got relaxed and cause also tax timeline I decided to pospone the claiming later on.

Please also notice that on Twitter there’s only one tweet reported below (2) at 17.10 on 24 March, around 24 hours before the deadline, that annouce clearly the existence of that deadline for claiming. I want to highlight that the mine is an important amount to claim and it’s clear that communication about the deadline was quite poor and wasn’t widespreaded enough outside discord.

I sincerely think it would be fair and probably doable to reopen the claiming process in order to strengthen the great Gnosis ecosystem community.

(1) Step by step guide for claiming vCOW in Gnosis Chain | by CoW Protocol | Medium

(2) https://twitter.com/MEVprotection/status/1507027056370110468?t=PBZ5O6vfC0B03Qkyy8XheA&s=19

5 Likes

In addition this clear lack of communication outside discord about the existence of a deadline explain the huge number of people that missed to claim their vcow

5 Likes

I’ve been an active user of Cowswap, yet I totally missed the airdrop as I wasn’t aware that there was a deadline for this airdrop as most protocols don’t set a deadline to claim the airdrop. I was much excited when my brother told me there was an airdrop and even more excited when it showed that my account has available claims on the Gnosis chain and than utterly devastated to see ‘‘0’’ VCOW because the airdrop apparently had just ended a few seconds/minutes before my attempt. I’m in favour for the proposal by @alistarmain and hope it will come in effect.

Thanks!

1 Like

As a horrible player but avid LoL fan, I appreciate this joke <3

Early adopters in the GNO ecosystem contributed to the success of COW by believing and investing in GNO, and investing early to enable GNO to grow into what it is now and ultimately able to successfully spin off CowDAO.

Same. I bought my GNO when the biggest GNO project that had public visibility was a predictions market.

I might add that many defunct projects have an eternal refund or transmute contract as well.

From the GIP 13 Phase 2 OP, CowDAO vision:

and from the Values and Principles…

A limited time airdrop to only the members who were active in that short window is far from a move to decentralize. If anything it further centralizes power into the players whom have already had the most power and interaction in the protocol.

As a hodler and believer in GNO for five years, albeit less actively than some, I am in support of this proposal.

*many edits because noob status :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I also unfortunately missed out on the drop. I am not an active twitter user unfortunately, but I read the step by step guide and was under the impression that I would have some time to claim. Alas, I feel like not being an active social media user cost me the drop!
I love the project, but I do feel like it was a bit harsh to have such a short claim period. Whilst I am still using Cowswap, I notice it did create some resentment from others in the discord who now seem disheartened and have stopped using it. I also think that keeping the community and any supporters happy really is important in crypto, and if there is a lot of free-floating animosity towards the project, it does not just disappear - that bitterness can re-appear on social media etc for a long time afterwards. Conversely, if a project is kind to their supporters, it will have a lasting effect on their feelings about it and I think in the competitive world of AMMs, gaining support and giving people a reason to use your product over other options really is important.

2 Likes

Locking would be a great idea here:

Alot of people that missed airdrop just aren’t active on socials/community and I would think that reels them into heightened participation over a long period of time → good community growth prospect

1 Like

A new Proposal for Reopening of COW Airdrop Claiming has just been published on CowSwap forum. Please make your comments

1 Like