Should we make web3 education free for students?

Hello Gnosis frends!
I’m Lwi, co-founder of Kairos, and new in the gnosis ecosystem. As a French economics student interested in crypto, I have noticed that there is no easy and mainstream gateway into crypto other than on twitter or through mainstream newspapers. The average student can’t get into easy courses without already having a foot in the ecosystem, which is a change from other paths like CS or maths for example. That’s why, with several French friends, we would like to make this education accessible to the general public by gathering student communities and offering them free knowledge. That’s the context of this proposal that I’m very excited to submit to the gnosis community. Feel free to give us any feedbacks or returns on our project, and how we could improve it !

{a free educative website}

the point:

In the ecosystem, it is challenging for companies to find competent and committed individuals to build and contribute to projects. The Kairos team has spoken with several blockchain companies who have stated that they find suitable profiles for hire only months later, if ever.

This comes from the lack of democratization of blockchain and mainly the lack of education of the new generation on the topic, only 2% of the top universities offer courses on blockchain and they are rarely in-depth.

In parallel, the cheapest price on the market for a student to learn about blockchain is $4,000. This price is unacceptable for students who have to deal with a heavy workload in addition to their studies. Besides, the courses are often unorganized and focused on the general and never go into the specific.

overview:

That’s why we came with Kairos. Kairos is a website that provides a completely free education platform for students to learn about the different aspects of the ecosystem. Each partner company provides a complete education from three angles: the programming language of their company, a presentation of the company and how it works, and a training on the company’s marketing & entrepreneurship model.

how precisely:

Each student will have to verify their student status by validating an email received on their university email account. They will then have access to a functional site containing the courses provided by the various partner organizations. These courses will be classified following several parameters such as their difficulty, the level required to pass them, the subject matter (development, marketing, project management, etc.). Students will then have to register to the different programs offered in order to follow their progress and know the attendance of each program.

certifications:

Once finished, students will have to provide a project proving their mastery of the subject in order to obtain their certifications in the form of an NFT or a document.The first 50 students will receive tokens of the partners.

and after ?:

The most innovative projects will be eligible for funding and support from Kairos and its partners, in order to provide maximum assistance and support to the brightest minds.

partenaires:

a lot of blockchain society from prestigious colleges and foundations have already onboard our project, such as

• Université PSL
  • Boston College
  • University of Michigan and others

or many partners such as Starknet, Uniswap, Tezos, Cronos, Aurora or Solana !

what is the advantage for gnosis chain ?

This is a win-win opportunity. As a matter of fact, it seems complicated for students to find where to begin learning in this ecosystem which is why Kairos wants to bring the knowledge to them. Meanwhile, we bring potential users, developers and entrepreneurs to Gnosis that will build on your ecosystem.

the kairos dao:

Our student network is organized as a DAO, international, constantly growing and waiting for your courses and certifications. The DAO will allow students to choose how treasury is used, which topics to prioritize and which topics will get funding.

how the funds would be used :

We will use the funds allocated by the gnosis DAO in order to fund the construction of the website and to hire people to formalize the different ressources given to make them understandable for everyone.

how can my college join kairos community ?

You can send us an email to contact@kairostudents.com

roadmap:

• Q2 2022 - launch of the discord, first agreements with partners
  • Q3 2022 - launch of the website, marketing to onboard new universities, first courses
  • Q4 2022 - evaluation of the first projects and funding of the bests, online weekly events
  • Q1 2023 - Kairos launchpad with the best projects, merchandising
5 Likes

My Vote is ABSOLUTELY YES! I would even argue the Gnosis Community ashould do outreach to Community Colleges and Techincal Colleges, that specialize in Computer Programming, to recruit students from those institutions as well. Just my two bits