Spanish into Docs?

I was recently at a conference in Venezuela , a country that little by little is entering more and more networks and on the web3 map in general , since I was one of the sponsors of the event with HIVE , we talked about diversification and the Union of the community through a node that we are preparing for the hive network, and you wonder but where does gnosis come in here? Since it is one of the networks most used by a large number of Spanish-speaking users, and to which we are quite similar, we decided to also start a node within gnosis, but oh surprise, all the documentation is in English, particularly me. I can speak or read it, but most of the guys who want to make the node can’t, so I asked myself why gnosis, being such a big network, hasn’t expanded its docs to other languages in some way, either in funding or grants After this question, depending on the answers, a proposal could be made to start this heh.

I don’t know the reason why official docs arn’t in spanish but me, as an European who always got bad numbers in foreign languagees at school (including English) have only minor difficulties using translation services to get the meaning of even asian chats. The translators between the major roman languages are even better, therefore I am not too sure if it’s necessary to have a translation of the docs.
If it would be a one time work I would think it’s worthwhile to provide it, but cause it needs continuous updates it will be hard to keep up, especially as it wouldn’t be only spanish but a lot of other languages too.

As a contributor to different daos, I have already worked with the indexing of docs in other languages and a constant update of the docs for a low cost can really keep up, since the biggest expense would be the total translation of the docs into the languages that come into proposition, and its maintenance and updating is simple @refri

might be an aspect. Personally I am not too sure if it’s worthwhile to have docs in different languages. Although I am not native english speaking I prefer the english docs even if there are also docs in my mother tongue. Mainly to be sure I read the same as everyone else.

Really, if it is a quality job, you will read everything, whether it is one language or another, but it helps in the example: the case presented above, I can be aware of the node, but it is not a team of 1 single person and since they do not understand English, they can several problems arise, besides that I understand that gnosis has its own Spanish community and its user base there are quite a few whose mother tongue is Spanish

Ty , for your feedback

Hola @MrBear , un gusto leerte en español.

I propose to continue the discussion here: i18n and Translation Support · Issue #25 · gnosischain/documentation · GitHub

We can explore together on improving the docs to make it multi-language.

IMHO there is a solution in between translating everything automatically where some words and context may be inaccurate and make it all manual where at the beginning of the effort we may all collaborate, but in the future it could end up being outdated.

Un gusto tener tu comentario.

Yes, of course I’ll take a look at the post you share with me to have a better idea of what you’re mentioning