Stake Token Swap

I have been a loyal investor and purchased my $STAKE when Ascendex was still called Bitmax. I believed in this project, locked my tokens in cold storage believing my funds were safe and then today found out I was left behind. Why would the team do an air drop so that everyone holding $STAKE, all original investors, would be taken care of? I believe the right thing to do is to allow people to swap their tokens, there shouldn’t be a time limit. I’ve been holding $STAKE for a long time, since the project was brand new. Can I swap my tokens for the same value as the original token swap?

5 Likes

I agree, this would have been more fair, but unfortunately it has been decided different and was approved by majority vote. All that could be done make a proposal to change it, but I don’t see enough good arguments that would convince the majority of GNO holders to make this successful. However, I would vote for, cause I also have some $Stake remains;-)

1 Like

Just realized this had happened as well, had no idea there had been a swap. So are we no longer able to do the swap at the original rate???

4 Likes

that’s great when star

1 Like

Yes me too! Please do the right thing and swap our tokens from Stake to Gnosis.
I don’t want to sell Stake tokens and waiting for a swap. Help!
Maria

5 Likes

Vote or no vote. They need to do the right thing. This was taken away from us. We have been loyal investors.

4 Likes

@GodSearch @com @alexandro010

I understand the frustration but please know that the opportunity to swap was communicated across Twitter and Discord. For reference, you can see the messages below:

2 Likes

We are STAKE users we never followed GNO and also When we invested in STAKE there is only Twitter and telegram and we never came to know about this, GNO published updates to their users but not to stake users.

Why we will miss the swap and waste our 1000s of dollars, Nobody will do this intentionally You are doing million dollar collaboration and not giving enough time to swap all existing tokens, Even if people missed the swap then how the value of the existing stake drop this much when 1 STAKE = 0.0326292707 GNO ? Team can also airdrop token to those stake users who missed the swap but they never did?

6 Likes

Hi
I’m in the same situation!
Really sad!

1 Like

Anyone is free to author a proposal. You could let the community vote on it if you’d like to go through the governance process.

Likewise, lost my money! I think this is a real theft! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Banks are unreliable, they said? The crypto is the future, they said? hahahahah, funny :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

We stake investors (who maintained limited engagement with social platforms on my part) are now in possession of a substantial stake that currently holds no value, despite the product that still continues to operate and shall be valued as such.

Is someone capable of launching a vote on the matter?

1 Like

@Ybou i had an issue like that, i was helped by that by the support team

People voted yes. But they voted to do the swap. Your team was the one who set the time limit and included it within the same proposal. Did you ask…“shall we have only a 6 month window for people to swap their tokens?” No, it was not asked separately.
We are asking you as early investors and supporters of XDai tokens.

1 Like

to make it clear: It wasn’t ‘my team’, actually I argued for different modalities for a merger keeping $Stake in use. If you are interested you can read up the discussion here: GIP 16 - Gnosis Chain - xDAI/Gnosis merge - #51 by refri

Agreed, there are moments in crypto when normal people are just the rubes who get ripped off. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Like many others I missed the swap due to never hearing about GNO until after the swap from STAKE took place.

Any word from the team? Any proposals? Any pending lawsuits?

1 Like

Can you help me understand the situation?
There was a deal between GnosisDAO and the STAKE community. Both parties agreed on terms (such as price, deadline, etc.). Is there anything that GnosisDAO failed to uphold?

1 Like

It’s easy to keep swap contract open-ended, or allow for swap to occur automatically. there was a relatively short window (a few months) to swap, so if life happens and you’re busy a few months you can lose out despite being an early investor.

it’s not that complicated… there are rug pulls and scam teams dumping tokens on communities everywhere, there is a proper way to do things, and the STAKE / GNO situation is somewhere in between. Perhaps the community doesn’t care. But it’s clearly a shady practice and with more attention to crypto regulation these projects who rip off early investors will eventually be held accountable. I mean there’s a clear record and simply by claiming “the community voted on it” doesn’t mean it’s ethical or even legal.

2 Likes

@stakegno please see my post from Dec 2022 on the topic. Why not author a proposal to re-open the swap contract and let GNO holders vote on it? The governance tutorial is here: How to Participate in GnosisDAO Governance - Gnosis Chain

1 Like