• In Favour
  • Against

0 voters

title: <Stop autoclaim for GC validators>
author: <@refri>
created: <2023-08-03>
duration:<asap>
funding:<none>

Congrats to all that have been involved in the shapella upgrade of GC, this went so smooth and for sure all are glad and proud how this was done.

Claiming of the GNO rewards is possible now and have already done by many of us manually, and shortly after that even an autoclaim bot was implemented to send the rewards to ppl that didn’t claim before and on irregular time intervalls also to all others for the rewards that accrued since last claim.

While the autoclaim is for sure a good idea, imo the implementation, cause it affects all validators, should be discussed here before. Time intervalls, in- or out-opt possibilities and minimal limits are just some parameters that should be discussed.

Till we found an agreement what’s the best way to go I suggest to stop the autoclaim function.

1 Like

I would love to see an opt in / opt out situation on this. The idea of tracking thousands of micropayments over the course of a year to remain tax compliant in the US keeps me up at night lol.

But offering that option in general provides more power of choice and flexibility for those than want to have a little more control over when and how they claim their rewards IMHO.

1 Like

totally agree. while it was nice to claim the accrued rewards before Shapella, i think it’s time to have a collective vote on this feature.
I’m all in favour of the opt-in / opt-out config. Adding a minimum limit would be nice too.

1 Like

I am much in favour of just continuing the auto claim.

1. Opt-in / Out mechanism adds unnecessary overhead/complexity and is not close to how Ethereum works.
  2. Batch Claiming is not expensive for the DAO, but as a benefit has that it mirrors how Ethereum accrues rewards for stakers. In addition it is good UX for stakers in general.

I don’t mind the autoclaim, and personally find it convenient. However, I understand the desire to be able to opt-out so I support this if it’s something that could be implemented easily. If not, I’m fine keep it as is.

1 Like

Also just put all of my rewards back into more validators. :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to set the processing time of the auto-claiming process to e.g. 1-4 weeks?

1 Like

Making GC as much as possible like ethereum is ofc a valid goal, but this should regard mainly the way how sc/dapps are working.
If validator payout is slightly different this doesn’t matter imo, might even be favorable, like having a stable to pay for tx is a favorable feature of gc.

We should operate a bot that automatically claims rewards once a month. As we anticipate an eventual decline in inflation rewards, it’s likely that gas prices will surge. Given this prediction, it would be inefficient and costly to run such a bot too frequently.

For users who have specific needs, they can easily claim rewards via platforms like Gnosis Scan or other user interfaces.

Additionally, overcomplicating the GBC deposit contract isn’t advisable. We should keep things streamlined and efficient.

voting is closed, participation was low, maybe cause the autoclaim already stopped nearly at the time I posted this. Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, and thanks to the builders for stopping the autoclaim function for now.

If a restart is planned I would be happy to have a discussion about the options here.

2 Likes