GIP-13 (Phase 2): CowDAO and COW Token

Who knows the cow token total?

1 Like

Hi all, thank you for this comprehensive proposal - we at 1kx are incredibly excited about Cow Protocol, CowDAO, and the COW token.

We are also long-term focused investors, and as such, would like to propose that you include a 1-year cliff for External Investors and partners and a 6-month cliff for Early Adopters and GNO token holders.

With 10% of the token supply being airdropped to Early Adopters and GNO token holders, there will be more than enough float for accurate price discovery, and including a cliff will make sure we get the right long-term aligned partners.

3 Likes

Not 100% I understand. You are basically saying the token should not be tradable for the first 6 month?
Please note that the default will actually be that the token is not transferrable/tradable. It needs an active decision by the token holders to allow that.

5 Likes

Yes - not tradable/transferrable for the 12 months for External Investors and 6 months for Early Adopters.

So even if token holders approve transferability after e.g. 3 months, that would only initially apply to the airdropped tokens.

3 Likes

let’s do this. make cowswap becomes more great!

2 Likes

:kissing_heart: it should be in the Mars or Jupiter, who knows? lol

1 Like

If the token not tradable/transferable, we will not get new people to join the CowDAO ecosystem. How can they give their opinion without decentralized voting? They will need token to do it.

1 Like

I’m very excited for this. so many things are being pioneered here, interested to see how this evolves

2 Likes

mow$ is the best name for token :grinning:

1 Like

As far as I understand it, we should anticipate a positive vote for token transferable/tradeable in a short timeframe after launch. In the above example 3 months. Then airdrop tokens would be tradeable on the market for price discovery (as a suggested cliff of 6 & 12 months would apply to investors).

1 Like

How long until we move to the next phase?

2 Likes

Nice poroject i like that

1 Like

Completely disagree with this, ser. If long term investors want to lock themselves up I think that’s fine. But ‘early adopters’ are the community itself. They should get instant liquidity that’s the whole point. And they’re airdrop recipients aren’t they?

4 Likes

wow, hope $COW will be successful in the future

1 Like

This incentives will be for Ethereum pools, GC pools or both? I am worried COW doesn’t find liquidty on Gnosis Chain

3 Likes

This is not defined and therefore can be done in whatever way makes most sense. I do think the GNO<>COW pool could make sense on GnosisChain, whereas the ETH<>COW pool can be incentiviced on Mainnet.

airdrops are made to encourage users to use your platform, so why not airdrop to those who use your platform and have less than 1k trading volume? Aren’t they investors? This is a very wrong practice!

2 Likes

300 tokens for $10,000 trading volume?? Seriously? Enough for a commission? :rofl:

3 Likes

300 tokens at ~$0.45 initial value means a 1.35% yield on your trades. Im impressed, CoW team. Thats a heck of a payout.

I find the six weeks claiming period excessive, ok with the two weeks for the investment options