GIP-64: Should GnosisDAO distribute SAFE tokens to incentivize decentralizing Gnosis Chain?

What will happen if 15th February, 2023 pass with out enabling transfer?

The SAFE tokens will be distributed as decided to the GNO lockers/stakers once transfers are enabled.

1 Like

Any update on this? Feb. 15 is approaching fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

So do they still have to have their tokens locked to receive the SAFE tokens - after the 15th of February)?

Hello @StefanGeorge tomorrow is the unlocking day, and you didn’t publish the addresses that quality the airdrop, and no any announcements regarding that?

What’s your say!!!

SAFE tokens are currently not transferable as the transferability proposal was rejected by the SAFE DAO: Snapshot

This does not make it impossible to use SAFE tokens as an additional incentive for staking but payouts would have to be delayed until the transfers are actually possible.

There are also more staking providers being onboarded to Gnosis Chain, which will allow the onboarding of many new validators without sacrificing the goal of a decentralized, diverse validator set.

We are working on a proposal to optimally use SAFE tokens to accomplish this goal and we are open to hear everyone’s ideas on this as well.

7 Likes

How many $safe will each person receive now base on the snapshot taken?

Time to reignite the discussion surrounding SAFE distribution.

As per @danftz’s recent tweet, the proposal to enable the transferability of the SAFE token is probably going to be approved and is expected to take effect around April 23rd, 2023.

While the process took longer than anticipated, imho it is critical that we adhere to the initial distribution plan outlined in GIP-64.

2 Likes

GnosisDAO has voted on it and will adhere to the distribution mentioned in this proposal.

4 Likes

I thought I understood from reading the topic that those who hadn’t done LP curve SGNO/GNO wouldn’t get an allowance if they only had SGNO.

But in my attached screen (which is the validated proposal) the last part talks about allocating 9.1% of the remaining SAFE TOKEN, as an additional yield for the different stacking categories?

Could you explain what this additional yield means and how it will be implemented?

Thanks for the explanation in advance

even if I find it sadly impossible to qualify for the safe allocation if you only have SGNOs. but I understand the interest in promoting liquidity !

After the locking period, the distribution of SAFE tokens has been underspecified and is not implemented or decided on by the GNO holder community. The goal is to use some SAFE tokens to grow the Gnosis ecosystem. There should be a proposal soon. So far only the distribution of SAFE tokens to GNO token holders during the locking period has been implemented and will be executed.

1 Like

When will you execute it since the date of transferability is on 23rd of this month.

Please don’t be unprofessional like you did when distributing $cow!
You delayed distribution of $Cow till after over weeks from market launching.

By now Gnosis DAO as a professional expert in this crypto industry ysupposed to make an announcement regarding the distribution dates and many more details

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the information and the start of this reply.

But I don’t understand the rest:

“So far, only the distribution of SAFE tokens to GNO token holders during the lock-in period has been implemented and will be executed.”

Those with GNO tokens okay, but we just had to hold GNO on our wallet? but over what period? Was a snapshot taken of the blockchain with holder?

If I took my GNO and exchanged them for SGNO to make LST on Gnosis, I wouldn’t be entitled to any token distribution SAFE?

Maybe I’m the stupid one, but I don’t explicitly understand what the validated snapshot proposal includes and what all the EFFECTIVE eligibility criteria are.

Thanks for your reply!

At this point, i have a strong preference for Gnosis DAO retaining all SAFE, rather than distributing any of it to GNO holders. Better for the token to be effectively farmed by Karpatkey and used to selectively buy back GNO token than distributed to GNO holders, creating a taxable event for many jurisdictions, and forcing many small holders. Looking forward to seeing the forthcoming proposal, would also be happy to assist in authoring it. We pay Karpatkey well for a reason – all GNO holders should prefer the DAO retains control of the SAFE

1 Like

As it was voted in GIP-64, 9M SAFE will be distributed among GNO lockers across Ethereum and Gnosis Chain, sGNO-GNO LPs and GNO validators. Allocations can be found here. The distribution will happen on Wednesday.

3 Likes

Thanks – What were the criteria that were used for the cutoffs? Im not in either list despite staking since just after the acquisition of the chain by Gnosis. I assume for validators the funding address was used?

Hi, I’ve been a solo validator for 717 days and can’t see my address in there. Any reason why? Thanks.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the issue, but if you click on either CSV on GitHub, it will initially just show a preview. To view the whole file in your browser, you’ll need to click Code.

Alternatively, you can enter your address into the search bar at the top while leaving repo:0xnesk/safe-token-distro at the beginning.

I searched for my address in the raw file and didn’t find anything. But maybe it’s just the LP allocations? Can you find your validator address?

I searched using my withdrawal address.