Regarding fee restructuring and growth of Gnosis

Hey, I’m a founding member at pyor.xyz.

We’re a blockchain analytics firm and we work with protocols by giving high-fidelity insights. We have our own data product which we use to perform analysis and deliver insights to institutions like Ribbit Capital, CitiBank, and Goldman Sachs.

While analyzing Gnosis, we noticed a spike in gas fees during December which can be attributed to the introduction of Ordinals. This then led me to the forum post addressing the modification of the fee structure to ensure the sustainability of the protocol.

I believe our services at PYOR can facilitate the protocol’s journey to achieving sustainability by developing gas analytics and performance dashboards. This will be pivotal in analyzing the effects of various protocol modifications in terms of fees, as achieving sustainability will be a long trial-and-error process to benefit all the stakeholders (Users, Validators, and Applications). Moreover, we have similar in-depth data of all top L1s/L2s which will help in monitoring past performances of other protocols after restructuring network fees. We built a similar gas analytics dashboard for Compound last year, I have linked it below.

I’m also proposing a detailed ecosystem report for Gnosis for the year 2023. The objective of this report is to give investors and the ecosystem a comprehensive understanding of the protocol. Example - Between July and December, Gnosis’s monthly active users decreased by 65%. But on further analysis, the monthly transaction count per user increased significantly by 851%, a data point that doesn’t exist elsewhere.

Our report will be exhaustive to cover all aspects of User Engagement (Retention, Volume, Concentration, On-chain activity, etc.), Operating Metrics (Revenue, Fees, Working Capital, etc.), Competitor Analysis, and Financial Metrics. We’re open to incorporating other data points that the community/foundation wants.

Curating such a report will also give the foundation insights to effectively set goals for 2024, propelling the growth of the protocol. Example - Our analysis shows the retention of new Gnosis users is only 15% after the first month, ranking 11th out of the top 18 chains. This insight will allow the foundation to structure initiatives to retain more users in the long term.

Here are dashboards we’ve built in the past:

Compound - Compound Dashboard

Quickswap - Quickswap Dashboard

Here are similar reports that we have done in the past:

Tezos - Tezos Ecosystem Report - 2022

Uniswap - Uniswap November Report

In conclusion, I’m certain we at PYOR can contribute significantly to the protocol’s growth. Curious to see what the community thinks of this.

2 Likes

Hi @Thanatos thanks for posting on the forum. You’re always welcome to author a GIP and propose that the GnosisDAO use pyor.xyz for the analytics dashboard that you’re describing. Our Governance Tutorial covers everything you need to know in order to author a GIP.

2 Likes

thank you @Thanatos - so far we are mainly using dune:

see: https://dune.com/gnosischain_team/gnosischain

a) what do you think your report can show that we have not covered here already?
b) what is a range of cost you have in mind?

2 Likes